2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: A nice large, fuel effecient c

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Review

A nice large, fuel effecient cruiser
By chuck150 on

2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I traded in my 2005 Phaeton for the Passat TDI. I did so with a little trepidation. I've had the car for 3 weeks and my anxiety has passed. I did a round trip from PGH to NYC on one tank of fuel with the cruise set at 70mph! The TDI averaged around 48 mpg for the trip. The interior is spacious, quiet and comfortable. Much like the Phaeton. It also hunkers down on the highway and provides a competent German ride quality. It also handles long sweepers and off ramps with confidence. The DSG works smoothly with the TDI. The exterior has a chiseled, masculine shape. IMHO, it looks very good. If you're looking for a spacious, fuel efficient cruiser, you must check out the Passat TDI.

I would suggest a few minor changes or additions. A back-up camera, additional bolstering on the seats. Xenon headlights as well. I'm thinking an R model GDI in the future with 4 motion! Sign me up now.