2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
What a car!
By bobthebike on 03/01/12 18:15 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having 9K miles, I just don't have anything negative to say. The mileage is utterly unbelievable as I consistently get 35+ mpg. All the electronics work as advertised and are intuitive. It racks down the road smoothly and quietly. I know the 5 cylinder has been around for awhile, but it has been really refined into a first-class powerplant. Lastly, the fit and finish (especially the paint) of this car is believably world-class. Good job VW!

My first VW
By shandipassat12 on 02/16/12 06:58 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

With the new Passat, what grabbed me was the luxurious exterior style...without knowing any better, you'd think it was an Audi A6, which the Passat shares the same frame with. The interior space is unbelievable paired with a HUGE trunk...best in both areas in the "Mid-Size Class." I like technology, well I got everything I need a lower trim on the Passat: Auto headlights, bluetooth, a Premium 8 touch-screen radio with SIRIUS (YAY!), dual climate control. The car is extemely user friendly and the dash layout is flush and simple...not complicated or a million buttons like Honda. The 2.5L engine is SMOOTH!! No hesitation in acceleration, jerking, all around THE BEST CAR I'VE BOUGHT!

Power Style Pleasure to Drive
By goodgame3 on 02/08/12 06:34 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

The new Passat is a great family car. The DSG transmission is super smooth and quick gear changes. Merging on the freeway in sport mode always puts a smile on my face. There is more than enought power in this V6 so much so you have to goose it slowly to stop traction control taking power away from those not so sticky stock tires. I am sure they will not last long given the tendancy to slip on take off. Then I can get some really sticky performance tires on those 18 inch rims a couple profiles wider and really make use of the 280 Hp and 258lb of torque. Interior is solid with a great sound system. Seats are firm and supportive and give plenty of adjustment options.

Awesome and Sexy Automobile
By newvwfan on 02/02/12 18:37 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Appearance (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I decided to upgrade my 96 Camry to the 2012 Passat, this turned out to be one of the best decision that I've ever made. This car is fun to drive compare to my Camry. I beg to differ when other reviewers stated the the design is boring, I got the night blue metallic and its nothing from boring. It is slick and sexy. The performance of this car has blew me away in terms of power and acceleration. It handles and rides nicely. The interior looks simple and classy, in addition a TONS of space in the front and back of the car. As a first time VW buyer, I'm pretty confident that I will stick with VW for life! So, if you are considering purchasing this car, you won't be disappointed!

Couldn't be happier!
By silo3 on 01/18/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love this car. After serious comparison shopping, no other car in the class came close in terms of interior size, instrument layout, and aggressive pricing. The car is well appointed, handles and rides nicely, and has a great service agreement. Many reviewers have said is that the styling is boring. Sorry, but I got mine in black/black and it's anything but boring. I'd call it "classic." And it's a design that will stand up over time. In fact the 2012 Passat is an antidote to the excessive curves and swoops of the Japanese makes. Definitely put the 2012 Passat on your list if you're looking for a mid-priced sedan.

American version of Ford Taurus
By agn_gazer on 01/02/12 16:42 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Driving and exterior feels more like an old Ford Taurus with an upgraded interior.Reliability and safety ratings are unknown at this time.Toyota Camry SE(2012 model) feels more sporty with a better handling. Camry also comes with a usable cruise control, better ground clearance, usable middle backseat, and better fuel economy.It also has more cup holders, fan openings in the back of the center console (for rear seat passengers), and no hump in the floor. Poor factory installed tires (Hankook Optimo 426). VWs small side-mirrors offer limited side-visibility. OK front visibility. Ride is comfortable but too bouncy for my taste. Definitely does not feel sporty with 2.5l engine and suspension.

A Couple of Tweaks Needed
By robbykay on 12/20/11 20:51 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is great. Very enjoyable to drive and loaded with all kinds of goodies. Excellent value. The Fender sound system is beautiful. Handling is nice and tight. Great car, so far. I've only had it for 1.5 weeks, so hopefully no surprises. Tweaks needed: The touch screen interface is pretty slow. It usually takes a few seconds before there's any reaction. When highway driving, that can be an big issue. Also, the trunk is difficult to close. I'm a 5'11', 200 lb guy, and when I give the open lid a tug, not only does it not close, it re-opens completely. I have to give it some effort for it to close on the first try.

My First Volkswagen
By trashman00 on 12/08/11 20:06 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I recently leased this car because it caught my eye while working one day. The interior space is awesome!! We are big people all over 6ft. Legroom to spare all around. Fun to drive when shifting to Sport-Mode. Great bang for buck!! All my neighbors seem to love it. My only gripe so far is the car doors make a boing sound when closing them. I don't like that and find it annoying. Overall I'm pleased and I would recommend this car for looks, interior space, and decent performance.

Far Exceeds My Expectations
By triumphguy on 11/29/11 21:40 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I wanted to test drive the new Passat because I had read so much about it in the car mags and on line. The Fender sound system and interior space intrigued me, and I was not disappointed. This car is huge inside, and it actually has an upscale feel in SEL Premium trim. I feel like I have a less expensive luxury car instead of a tricked out midlevel sedan.

unexpected pleasant surprise
By imfarkle on 10/25/11 20:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Passat Sedan V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

I never expected to do a deal,but i had read alot of good things about the new passat, and went for a test drive.I tested the V6 SEL and i fell in love with it. I've had it for 1 month 1000 miles. I still love it, No problems so far.