2010 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Quirky but I love it

2010 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

Komfort Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Quirky but I love it
By pegnick on

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car new at the end of its production run. It has 38k now. My previous car was a 2003 Passat. This Passat is bigger and more luxurious than the old design. It is quiet, smooth riding and powerful. It is commanding on the highway. Great for my long legs. Sorry they left off the automatic window closing feature. The quirk is the electronic transmission. It clunks and lurches into first gear. I hated it for a long time. But I love everything else so much that I have come to accept this weird behavior. Mileage is 31 to 33mpg on the highway. Transmission feels european if you like that. I plan to stay with the car a long time.

Favorite Features

-smooth and quiet. -powerful. -nice euro feel to the transmission. -lots of leg room. -seat and wheel provide many adjustments (fits short and tall people easily) -great gas mileage -spacious trunk -good visibility

Suggested Improvements

Usual VW problems with lousy cupholders and odd compartments. Clunky starting in first gear on the electronic transmission. Things work differently than other cars. Like electronic brake and other controls. Takes getting used to.