2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
2010 R36 Wagon Perfect Family Wagon
By isihac on 09/21/12 16:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My second VW (had a W8 wagon last) has given no problems. In New Zealand this car is $45k cheaper than than the 3.0D Audi and comes with all the extras I need. The ESP allows a little four wheel drift fun when seriously provoked but always feels completely in control. Normally driven by my wife with three kids seats in the back it runs around town but still overtakes most anything on the open road in less than 100m

DSG Nightmare
By awd_turbo on 09/26/11 15:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

17,000 miles now, and going in for the fifth time in an attempt to fix the severe hesitation from a complete stop. The rest of the car is great, but the way the transmission works drives me crazy and ruins the whole experience. It's potentially a very dangerous issue if it decides to act up when pulling out into traffic.

Great Vehicle, would buy again!
By My New Passat Wagon on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Actually purchased this car via internet-telephone...the dealer was low pressure. The salesman was well versed in the car's features and professional. Would definitely buy another VW, this is my third and while the first one had it's quirks the last two have been a dream.

Poor Quality and Service
By Fully on 04/15/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Fuel pump failed in 700 miles. According to VW website, with Navigation option, park distance control is included. Mine came without, when questioned dealer he would look into it. Result was you bought it. Called VW customer care and they say buyer beware. They point me to terms and conditions and read liberally they can lie and you have no recourse. Car is not built according to website. Buyer beware

Quality & Saving
By Joe in AR on 04/04/10 17:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Great build and quality with exceptional gas mileage, within first 3,000 miles have 650 miles trip with best result of 30 mpg. Power is exceptional for a 4 cylinder and turbo, interior is very quiet and ride quality little too soft in my own opinion, highway speed the steering response turns to ultra sensitive - "great feel". Quality made with incredible savings on gasoline usage but calls for premium fuel. Have consistently gotten 400 miles from full tank of gas with 50/50 town/highway driving. Wagon is versatile with great looks; adequate amount of room for hauling with family of 4. Turbo lag noticeable but once whines up, power rival a V6 - makes it very fun to drive, cruises GREAT!!

2010 Passat Wagon
By OliversOwner on 03/21/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Gave my 2001 Passat Wagon to my son a bought a new 2010 Passat Wagon. A little disappointed that I did not pick up on the manual adjust passenger set but am happy with the rear hatch automatic open/close ... good trade off as I am usually in the car by myself. Got 34 mpg on my first long trip of 200 miles using regular gas (I know they say to use premium).

Solid German Engineering & Build
By Arkansas Joe on 03/08/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Very nice car although little too mushy for my own taste, this is The 6th VW car in my family over span of last 20 years, can tell that VW can build them like no other, 2.0T FSI does a great job!(efficiency plus power) Engine lags a bit during initial take off but speed climbs rapidly soon after, cruises like a V6 and ride is quiet, predictable and SMOOTH; the steering does become very precise as speed increases. Interior detail is awesome - Japan & US should take note, German still way ahead of the game here - ergonomics with ultra tight tolerance. First tank of gas got mileage of 23 mpg from 50/50 mix hwy & city driving, not bad! Exterior fit and finish is EXCELLENT, great lines!!

Amazing Car
By steveditt on 02/23/10 07:54 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased 2010 Passat wagon February and could not be happier, excellent workmanship and plenty of power with great gas mileage. The interior design and comfort were two of the original things we liked viewing different cars at a local car show. Our dealer let us drive the car over 70 miles for our test drive and we were sold. So many features are included this car, quiet very little road noise. Our first road trip was about 400 miles and averaged 32 mpg unbelievable for this car.

Amazing Vehicle
By steveditt on 02/16/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Komfort PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Could not be happier, excellent workmanship and plenty of power with great gas mileage. Interior design and comfort were two things we liked viewing the vehicle at a local car show.Our test drive was over 70 miles and we were sold.So many features are included this car is quiet.German build was another consideration not built in Mexico.First trip over 400 miles and averaged 32 mpg plenty of power. Considered VW TDI S/W and Subaru Outback we felt the Passat was nore car for the money and a better ride with more comfort. The wagon has plenty of room . Purchased all my new waxing stuff to keep her nice,white gold ,black interior.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Passat Wagon in VA is:

$137 per month*