2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Transmission shot with only 65K and VW won't help
By hunkajunk on 04/04/14 16:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for only 6 months, it only has 65K miles on it, and the transmission is shot. VW won't help me because I didn't buy it through a VW dealer. My car is parked, still have payments, and have to somehow come up with 4300 dollars. Don't have it. Fuming...VW needs to stand behind their product, this car is young, I've been totally ripped off...do yourself a favor and don't buy from VW.

Very nice
By oz10tx on 02/25/13 13:55 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I looked at several used cars before buying this. I was looking at the CC mainly as I felt the two VW models had more value than the other entry level luxury cars (BMW 3 series, MB C Class, Lexus, A4, CTS). I paid about 5-8k less for my passat. I know I gave up some performace but couldn't justify the extra for a little more pep as the speed limit is still 70. This car does cruise at 80 plus very smoothly though and dtill has some power left. I did go with the Passat with the ground effects and this really makes a huge difference on the look of the car. Put the same model side by side and it looks completely different from the more stock Passat. It wasn't really on my list until I found one.

Quirky but I love it
By pegnick on 09/13/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car new at the end of its production run. It has 38k now. My previous car was a 2003 Passat. This Passat is bigger and more luxurious than the old design. It is quiet, smooth riding and powerful. It is commanding on the highway. Great for my long legs. Sorry they left off the automatic window closing feature. The quirk is the electronic transmission. It clunks and lurches into first gear. I hated it for a long time. But I love everything else so much that I have come to accept this weird behavior. Mileage is 31 to 33mpg on the highway. Transmission feels european if you like that. I plan to stay with the car a long time.

10,000 Mile Review-
By berad on 04/11/11 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was between this and the Ford Fuzion V6. In the end, the entry lux interior won my wife over so hence the Passat. This is a nice clean sedan. The interior is impressive with soft touch dash and clean teutonic lines. All reports of a hesitation at start are correct. It feels like half a second. Drive this car around for awhile before making darts into tight traffic. All in all this thing scoots for a 4 banger. Steering and handling is not on a BMW level of communication but its good, really good for this price point. The cabin is quiet.

Very Satisfied!!!!!
By brunais on 02/07/11 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was thinking of getting an Audi A4 when I traded my 2005 Jetta for my new 2010 VW Passat... but Im really happy with my Choice.. I read the other reviews of how people look forward to driving to work.. Well thats is how I feel.. I really enjoy the Turbo and the the car drives like a V6.. The interior is so well finished and the Audio with Sirus XM its a plus too!! Great style.. Luxurious yet still sporty!!!! Great gas mileage too!!! Really happy to own this automobile!!!

Great car
By zephirus on 01/26/11 17:37 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The car is a pleasure to drive and is anything but a sole-less appliance. Some say near luxury, but its as nice or nicer than some "luxury" models i've been in. I think VW will miss this German car in the US next year.

First VW - Very Good but not Great
By edmundsfan5 on 12/30/10 08:55 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've had my 2010 Passat for a few months, and for the most part I am happy. I totally agree with the other rave reviews of the spirited 2.0 turbo engine, and the incredibly smooth DGS transmission. It's very stable at highway speeds, as it should be coming from Germany. My only real complaint is the intrusive road noise on uneven pavement - there is a lot of that where I live around DC. I have also noticed some annoying rattles in the driver's door and dash, but I don't know if it's just my car since most people rate the fit & finish very highly. Great fuel economy and plenty of power for every day drivers. I especially enjoy the low end torque pushing me back in my seat.

Car turns heads
By Now a car guy on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is my first car, I've always had large SUV's. I've only had the Passat just under four months and I've put 4,650 miles or so on it in that time. I love driving it. Its quick and handles the road great. The gas mileage is far superior than what I was getting so I cant complain about that at all. There's more than enough room in the back seat for three adults comfortably. The touch screen navigation is an awesome bonus. When I keep it clean (all to rare), heads turn to check it out. My only wonder/concern is how it will handle in the snow. I live in a fairly snowy New England area so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be pleasantly surprised with only FWD.

2010 Passat
By TB on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my Passat as a commuter car between Sacramento and San Francisco Bay area. After 7000 miles in eight weeks, I'm averaging 32 MPG while driving 75-80 MPH. The car is a wonderful cruiser with excellent performance and handling. At 6'3" and nearly 300 pounds, I have adjusted the seat and steering wheel so that I am very comfortable during my daily three hour and 190 mile commute. The armrests are perfectly positioned to further create the ideal driving position. The DSG transmission and the turbo engine really make this a fun car to drive. The optional 18" wheels really turn an average looking car into one of the best looking sedans in this price segment.

Pure Driving Fun
By Thomas D. on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is so enjoyable to drive that I actually look forward to going to work! One of the things I noticed is this car stands out on the highway with its classy looks. Having the turbo kicking in for quick acceleration makes passing others so much fun!When I purchased my car the window tag said 22/30 MPG well for the first 3 weeks I wasnt even close because I realized I gained a lead foot? LOL But when driving normally and doing the speed limits my MPG was exactly that 22/30. I actually got 32 on a vacation trip. I have read other reviews about slight hesitation but I can say if you depress the fuel pedal slowly it takes off very nicely.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.