Used 2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Transmission shot with only 65K and VW won't help
By hunkajunk

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for only 6 months, it only has 65K miles on it, and the transmission is shot. VW won't help me because I didn't buy it through a VW dealer. My car is parked, still have payments, and have to somehow come up with 4300 dollars. Don't have it. Fuming...VW needs to stand behind their product, this car is young, I've been totally ripped off...do yourself a favor and don't buy from VW.

Very nice
By oz10tx

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I looked at several used cars before buying this. I was looking at the CC mainly as I felt the two VW models had more value than the other entry level luxury cars (BMW 3 series, MB C Class, Lexus, A4, CTS). I paid about 5-8k less for my passat. I know I gave up some performace but couldn't justify the extra for a little more pep as the speed limit is still 70. This car does cruise at 80 plus very smoothly though and dtill has some power left. I did go with the Passat with the ground effects and this really makes a huge difference on the look of the car. Put the same model side by side and it looks completely different from the more stock Passat. It wasn't really on my list until I found one.

Favorite Features

Ground effects as it is the separator from a boring looking Passat to a sporty looking ride. I have gotten the comment from most of my friends about how they never have liked the looks of Passats but do like mine. The cost would be next, then the comfort, rear room for passengers which blows every other car in this category away. I am tall and people behind me don't have to squeeze in and I don't have to scoot up.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they had the all wheel drive but that is minor. Blue tooth audio usually requires another blue tooth connector.

Quirky but I love it
By pegnick

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car new at the end of its production run. It has 38k now. My previous car was a 2003 Passat. This Passat is bigger and more luxurious than the old design. It is quiet, smooth riding and powerful. It is commanding on the highway. Great for my long legs. Sorry they left off the automatic window closing feature. The quirk is the electronic transmission. It clunks and lurches into first gear. I hated it for a long time. But I love everything else so much that I have come to accept this weird behavior. Mileage is 31 to 33mpg on the highway. Transmission feels european if you like that. I plan to stay with the car a long time.

Favorite Features

-smooth and quiet. -powerful. -nice euro feel to the transmission. -lots of leg room. -seat and wheel provide many adjustments (fits short and tall people easily) -great gas mileage -spacious trunk -good visibility

Suggested Improvements

Usual VW problems with lousy cupholders and odd compartments. Clunky starting in first gear on the electronic transmission. Things work differently than other cars. Like electronic brake and other controls. Takes getting used to.

10,000 Mile Review-
By berad

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was between this and the Ford Fuzion V6. In the end, the entry lux interior won my wife over so hence the Passat. This is a nice clean sedan. The interior is impressive with soft touch dash and clean teutonic lines. All reports of a hesitation at start are correct. It feels like half a second. Drive this car around for awhile before making darts into tight traffic. All in all this thing scoots for a 4 banger. Steering and handling is not on a BMW level of communication but its good, really good for this price point. The cabin is quiet.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth is awesome - truly world class and automatically imports your address book. Standard large touchscreen stereo is awesome - unless your are looking for audiophile performance. I took this on an 1800 mile road trip and averaged 35MPG on the highway. In pure urban driving expect a bit under 20 and a decent mix will average around 26 MPG overall. Comfortable well laid out interior. No Mechanical issues, car in perfect working order.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control is just in an awkward spot - needs to be totally redesigned. The Goodyear LS tires are expensive but mediocre performers and terrible in snow. I replaced them with Conti Extreme Contact DSW at 7K miles and it makes a world of difference plus noise reduction. Standard floor mats are like felt glued to cardboard. The new Passat is seeking to downgrade the STD feature set - hopefully not too much.

Very Satisfied!!!!!
By brunais

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was thinking of getting an Audi A4 when I traded my 2005 Jetta for my new 2010 VW Passat... but Im really happy with my Choice.. I read the other reviews of how people look forward to driving to work.. Well thats is how I feel.. I really enjoy the Turbo and the the car drives like a V6.. The interior is so well finished and the Audio with Sirus XM its a plus too!! Great style.. Luxurious yet still sporty!!!! Great gas mileage too!!! Really happy to own this automobile!!!