2010 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Transmission shot with only 65K and VW won't help
By hunkajunk on 04/04/14 16:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for only 6 months, it only has 65K miles on it, and the transmission is shot. VW won't help me because I didn't buy it through a VW dealer. My car is parked, still have payments, and have to somehow come up with 4300 dollars. Don't have it. Fuming...VW needs to stand behind their product, this car is young, I've been totally ripped off...do yourself a favor and don't buy from VW.

Very nice
By oz10tx on 02/25/13 13:55 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I looked at several used cars before buying this. I was looking at the CC mainly as I felt the two VW models had more value than the other entry level luxury cars (BMW 3 series, MB C Class, Lexus, A4, CTS). I paid about 5-8k less for my passat. I know I gave up some performace but couldn't justify the extra for a little more pep as the speed limit is still 70. This car does cruise at 80 plus very smoothly though and dtill has some power left. I did go with the Passat with the ground effects and this really makes a huge difference on the look of the car. Put the same model side by side and it looks completely different from the more stock Passat. It wasn't really on my list until I found one.

Quirky but I love it
By pegnick on 09/13/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this car new at the end of its production run. It has 38k now. My previous car was a 2003 Passat. This Passat is bigger and more luxurious than the old design. It is quiet, smooth riding and powerful. It is commanding on the highway. Great for my long legs. Sorry they left off the automatic window closing feature. The quirk is the electronic transmission. It clunks and lurches into first gear. I hated it for a long time. But I love everything else so much that I have come to accept this weird behavior. Mileage is 31 to 33mpg on the highway. Transmission feels european if you like that. I plan to stay with the car a long time.

10,000 Mile Review-
By berad on 04/11/11 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was between this and the Ford Fuzion V6. In the end, the entry lux interior won my wife over so hence the Passat. This is a nice clean sedan. The interior is impressive with soft touch dash and clean teutonic lines. All reports of a hesitation at start are correct. It feels like half a second. Drive this car around for awhile before making darts into tight traffic. All in all this thing scoots for a 4 banger. Steering and handling is not on a BMW level of communication but its good, really good for this price point. The cabin is quiet.

Very Satisfied!!!!!
By brunais on 02/07/11 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I was thinking of getting an Audi A4 when I traded my 2005 Jetta for my new 2010 VW Passat... but Im really happy with my Choice.. I read the other reviews of how people look forward to driving to work.. Well thats is how I feel.. I really enjoy the Turbo and the the car drives like a V6.. The interior is so well finished and the Audio with Sirus XM its a plus too!! Great style.. Luxurious yet still sporty!!!! Great gas mileage too!!! Really happy to own this automobile!!!

Pure Driving Fun
By Thomas D. on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car is so enjoyable to drive that I actually look forward to going to work! One of the things I noticed is this car stands out on the highway with its classy looks. Having the turbo kicking in for quick acceleration makes passing others so much fun!When I purchased my car the window tag said 22/30 MPG well for the first 3 weeks I wasnt even close because I realized I gained a lead foot? LOL But when driving normally and doing the speed limits my MPG was exactly that 22/30. I actually got 32 on a vacation trip. I have read other reviews about slight hesitation but I can say if you depress the fuel pedal slowly it takes off very nicely.

First German Car
By HSB on 09/05/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had always owned/driven Honda and Toyota. This is my very first non- Japanese car. AND I AM IMPRESSED! The 2 weeks that have owned it, it certainly has been a great suprise. I got more for my money over Honda/Toyota.

2010 Passat Review
By Dano on 08/16/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded an 06 Jetta on the 2010 Passat. A great improvement over the Jetta. Good power and handling and better fuel economy. This car has a lot of road noise.

The Pleasant Surprise
By acw02 on 08/03/10 14:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

After 20 plus years of the popular Japanese makes I decided to try VW again. My 1980s VW experience was less than stellar. What a pleasant surprise. The car rides smooth, handles excellently, and build quality, so far, appears to be as good or better than the above mentioned makes I have owned in the past. The biggest and most pleasant surprise is the blend of performance and economy. With a light foot on the highway I can achieve 37 mpg. In the city I usually get about 25 mpg. Power from the turbo 2.0 four is another surprise, especially the torque. Its is faster than most normally aspirated fours and almost as fast as soon sixes. In summary I think it is a "keeper".

Continuing the VW Tradition
By bbhall on 07/17/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Our fourth VW, the 2010 Passat retains a strong German character in ride, handling, interior design, and overall build quality. Great family car, with plenty of room for 4 or 5, comfortable front seats for all-day cruising, good power and fuel economy, and some very thoughtful design features. Just about the only reasonably-priced mid-size European car sold in the U.S. Weaknesses are slight hesitation when accelerating (plenty of torque and power, just a lagging transmission response) and the absence of certain features, such as auto-dimming rear-view mirror, automatic climate control, and rain-sensing wipers that were found in previous versions of the Passat and most major competitors.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volkswagen Passat in VA is:

$143 per month*