new Passat
By rvfool on
2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Just got the car. Surprise by the power. Fun to drive but wife having problem with turbo and a lead foot. I had a 05 TDI Passat before. This is bigger. Miss the mileage of the diesel. Tires are expensive because of the 17" wheels and they are a summer thead. Needed snow right away. Comfortable and a better car for me than the CC. Did not like the low roof, rear view mirror or performance of the CC. There is a lot of leg room front and back. Wish it had blue tooth, homelink, and memory seats.
Favorite Features
A lot of leg room, comfortable set, nice lay out of interior, power strong for 4 cyl. Neat place in glove box to store manual. large trunk and full size tire.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holder could be better placed like in the 05. Include bluetooth. Should have memory sets. Needs to have a special bolt included to help with tire change. should have an initial 5K oil change. wife can't see outside temp or clock.
By rvfool
on 12/10/10 06:38 AM (PST)

After owning it for a year every so far so good. Wasn?t sure I would like it after the 05 Passat TDI. Yes I miss the mileage, but it is a must better car. Mileage is around 28 mpg. Some things I?ve noticed. I can see the way the rear brake work that they could go before the fronts. It applies the rear before the front and on dirt they can lock up. Wish there was a good NAV unit to put in car instead of paying 3500 for a factory unit. The Speedometer is off by 5 miles per hours. This is a very common thing with VW, Audi and BMW. Check yours using a GPS. For problems with the car only a little rattle by radio. Put so pressure on dash by radio and it stops. Took car on a long drive and I didn't get tired so it ride and seats really good. Tires are a piece of junk. Put on Michelin and fixed that. Check your alignment. It stopped the squirrelly road problem I had when I pick up the car. Check out the problems with cam followers on the B6 Passat. The 10k oil change is not enough. Go to 5K. Like I side the Wife and I really enjoy the car, but if the NMS has a diesel I will have to think about it.