Used 2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

Komfort 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

1-month review
By BK

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased on September 12th, 2009. Test drove BMW 328,335; Mercedec Benz 300, 350; Acura TL; Infiniti G37. Although all of these cars were great, I found the perfect mix of driveability and fun factor in my Passat. I only have about 750 miles on it right now and I am trying to break- in the car as gently as possible. But you can feel the surge of power when you just tap the accelerator. So far I've had no problems. VW offers a 90- day or 6K miles free check up, which I intend to to take advantage of. Since I have not taken it on a long trip, I do not have true HWY mileage; however, so far, I am averaging around 25 mpg with 60/40 Hwy/city.

Favorite Features

steering wheel control buttons, the white multifunction display, ergonomics, DVD touch-screen navigation with 20 GB of space for music, USB interface, HDHC card slot; driving position; acceleration; tip- tronic transmission

Suggested Improvements

please make the blue-tooth with all features as standard; tune engine to crank out 250 HP/300 ft-Lb torque; memory seats; panoramic sunroof;

So far so good and fun.
By Jorge Gomez

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Almost 4 month and still so fun to drive. Good in gas. Excellent choice from all the cars we tested.

Favorite Features

Power and handling. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Aluminum wheels could be better quality. Got few stone chips and winter salt can make this worst. I will get winter rims to save the originals.

Fun to drive German
By psupdx

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Own this car for one month. It is truly fun to drive Passat compare to other imports. Love the look inside and out. It drives like 6 cylinder car, thanks to turbo. Consequently, it consumes gas like 6 cylinder. I average 22 to 23 mi/gallon on 60 freeway/40 local. My old 2000 Maxima was better than that! I had to check the car with a local dealership for rattling noise from driver side glove box and door panel. It was fixed once and came back. So it's been at service twice for the same issue. Hope this problem won't come back.

Favorite Features

Int/Ext look. Domestic cars can never come close to German design. Power and handling. Interior materials.

Suggested Improvements

Homelink Better Fuel Mileage (it's too thirsty!!)

Will not be beat for the Price
By Gab4ever

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Super vehicle especially for the price. Standard features, build quality and performance is something I would expect in a much higher end vehicle, The turbo makes the gas pedal like a hair trigger on a gun, the attention to detail and quality materials is far superior to this cars competition. Something as simple as an umbrella storage compartment built into the drivers door are the small touches that really make the vehicle a standout aside from what Ive mentioned.

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

headlights turn on automatic at night

Great Car
By orimai

2009 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is smooth, quiet and comfy. My wife, daughter and I are looking forward to getting out on the open road with this. This car breezes down the local freeway and streets effortlessly. Handline is precise\crisp and drives rock solid like a heavier car. The only real drawback thus far is the lack of bluetooth which is optional on Passat but comes standard in other cars. Other than that, it could use a bit more power, but for a mid size sedan the fuel economy and power are both excellent. Comfortable, plenty of leg room for a 6'5" driver with some to spare.

Favorite Features

Smooth slick handling and solid drivability, fuel economy, comfort, safety and visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Make bluetooth standard equipment, especially if you are going to put the buttons on the steering wheel like ours; it's an non functioning tease. Cabin noise could be decreased.