Dont buy this if its cold or snowy
By gheater on
2009 Volkswagen Passat Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
This car cant move in 1" of snow. Brand new tires put on 11/12, and i cant make it up my driveway, or my small hill to my house. I had a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am that did this with zero problem with more snow on the ground. Also, the windshield wiper motors will freeze as soon as its under 20 degrees outside. Not a great feeling when the wipers dont work and its snowy/icy. Car is great in the spring - fall. Or get one in Arizona. Pissed that a German company makes a car with such bad performance in cold weather. Will trade it in as soon as possible.
By rschlapp2
on 02/13/14 13:55 PM (PST)

I could not agree more with this comment. I bought this car for my wife thinking it would be a little sporty for her at the same time safe. Getting ready for winter this year we bought all new tires. The first time it snowed, the car was literally useless as it would not move 1 inch in any amount of snow and forget about ice. We ended up parking the car in the garage. Great car any other time.

By mycc
on 03/11/14 17:01 PM (PDT)

I need to strongly disagree on this. I live in Ontario, Canada and after a record year for snow and ice, I have to rave about my CC and its ability to handle all sorts of road conditions. The best thing you can do is spend the money on GREAT winter tires. I bought Blizzaks and never once was I concerned about climbing icy hills or going though deep snow. I also found the handling on back roads trouble free. We ski almost every weekend and no matter where we went, the car got us there and back safely. Love it!!!