Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Can't beat it!
By Josh Hughes

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Passat has been a very fun and stylish car to drive. When I was looking to lease a sedan, I could not find anything that came close to the amount of features and quality you get at such a fair price. I have only driven the car about 5500 miles, but I have had zero problems thus far. I am continually amazed at the excellent gas mileage. I don't miss anything with a 4 cyl - the turbo engine is just enough.

Favorite Features

The heated leather seats are great. The car just looks cool, inside and out. The trunk is surprisingly huge for a mid-sized vehicle. The interior lighting system at night is awesome with the red and blue scheme.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the back would be nice. Also, the air is a bit loud when you have it turned to the highest level. The front seats could be a tad larger. I was surprised that the Komort level did not have auto-on head lights.

The Best
By Tracie

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have truly enjoyed my Passat so far!!! It is very fun to drive and I love it very much.....It's roomy, not to big and not too small. I have owned a Mustang and a Jeep Liberty and my Passat beats them both...

Favorite Features

sun roof, leather seats and a smooth ride!!!

Suggested Improvements

None noted at this time

My other car is a Eurovan
By John Schank

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the last one in the area after the CC model introduced. The premium in price and owner cost of the VR6 4Motion "standard" should not be an issue with this car. This past summer test drove and was surprised to reach 100 mph up long grade smoothly and quietly thanks to the high compression VR 6. Now, on the ice, and over slush, the 4 Motion comes into it's own. It comes with "noisy" Pirelli P Zeros that become wonderfully silent at high highway speeds, without worry that control will be lost, as with quieter touring rubber.

Favorite Features

More comfortable than 4 previous Volvos: 240-960- S70-S40 High performance, directional stability in all weather.

Suggested Improvements

A simpler menu structure for information displays. Cruise stalk gets in the way of turn signal until used to it.

2008 VW Passat Komfort Sedan
By mm

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Passat this year. Handling and performance are excellent. The 2.0 Turbo has great pickup. Interior fit and finish are very good. I consistently get about 28 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I considered an Accord (owned 3 previously) but was looking for something different. I had always liked the Passat and I'm glad I chose it. Definitely more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The Tiptronic transmission makes driving a blast. Heated seats are a nice option especially if you live in a cold climate. Love the sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

The AC unit could cool the interior a little quicker. I have a black interior, which gets kind of hot in the summer.

RESPECT FOR GERMAN ENGINEERING
By Ted

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this vehicle about three weeks ago. Ever since, we rediscovered the pleasure of driving. I am stuck daily in long commuting lines, but now that I have my Passat, who really cares what's going on out there? It is a thrill. This is our first German car, brand new - a wish dreamed for so long, finally came true. We hope to not lose this feeling any soon...

Favorite Features

Controls placed ergonomically. Sun shades. Powerful, quality radio speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Make the bluetooth a standard feature.