2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Passat Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
What a deal.
By runteach on 04/20/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wonderfully performing car for the size. Took car for a day trip on winding state highways and the car was excellent, power and handling are superb. After driving many higher priced, less optioned cars, the VW was a no-brainer, just hope past reliability issues are non-existent. It is too bad VW is discontinuing the manual tranny after the '08 model, this might be the best manual tranny VW has produced. Gas mileage has been great so far, between 28-30 mpg for combined driving.

Forget the Audi A4 and get a VW Passat!!
By PatNC on 04/20/08 12:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just leased the VW Lux Passat and I have to say that I am thrilled with this car. Originally went to the dealership to get an Audi A4. A physician that I work with recommended the vehicle and new the GM. The GM had me drive both vehicles and in the end the Passat had more to offer for the price and the drive was the same. The engine is surprisingly powerful and the handling is superb. I have test driven the Audi A4,Volvo S40, 60 ,80, the new Accord, Acura TSX, TL, Nissan Altima, Maxima and found the Passat to have everything that I want and more. As a new father to a 4 week old I have to admit I love all the airbags and safety...as a driver love the feel and response of the Passat!!!

It's almost everywhere perfect car!!!
By Tim on 04/18/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have been so satisfied with my Passat Performance 200HP 207TQ is good enough when I need power and its comfort as well as my dad's E350. Surprisingly, it still has great fuel economy I can get 60 MPH/ Cruise 37.5 MPG 65 MPH/ Cruise 35 MPG 70MPH/ Cruise 32 MPG In local way, I usually got more than 25 (26~27) Not to mention that it looks awesome in and outside. I don't know what's gonna happen in the future though but the Reliability is so far so great. and I can kinda feel this build Quality which is so much concerned by VW I love it so much!!

Great Car!
By jhon2k1 on 04/14/08 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 08 Passat and I love the DSG technology. It is a very fast car, excellent in the highway

Nice car
By AK on 04/14/08 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have leased this car and have driven about 1500 miles. It is a nice car to drive. I test drove a BMW 5 series and a Mercedes E350 before deciding on the Passat. It offers a great ride for much less price. However, only manage to get about 20 mile/gallon and there are some noise from plastic parts inside. A little catch up to do when compared with infinity G35 and Lexus E class at a slightly higher price. Wanted to drive a German car and a nice one overall.

An Enthusiast Is Hooked
By DanB on 04/10/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded my '06 Touareg V8 for an '08 Passat Turbo 6-speed...and I couldn't be happier. I have never seen such a well-executed car at this price point (~25k). Standard feature level, build quality, interior materials, driving dynamics and character all add up to one fantastic machine. Yes, even the V- Tex upholstery feels like real leather. I'm averaging 29mpg, mostly highway, with less than 100 miles on the car. The engine pulls willingly in any gear with little to no turbo lag. The car features an electronic parking brake, push-button start and disc brake wiping- all normally found on much more expensive vehicles. I would challenge anyone to find a better car out there for the money.

Perfect niche car for both of us!
By Love our Passats!!! on 04/01/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I leased the 08 passat turbo tiptronic for my wife last year and she has nothing but good things to say about it. The build quality is superb, its quiet cabin has a great layout, it's quick and torquey 2.0 turbo engine gets great mileage while providing ample power in all gears! The price for the turbo level is unbeatable with std features like power seat, alloys, cd/ipod jack etc. I liked hers so much I just leased my own in the 6 speed manual and I am now as happy as she is!

Great Car!
By Mike on 03/22/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had this car just a little over a month and it's absolutely great! With just over 2, 000 Miles, I'm averaging between 32 mpg and 34 mpg on the highway and about 29 mpg for mixed driving. At highway speeds it drives/rides almost as well as my wife's Mercedes e350 (although you hear a little More road noise). The car has plenty of power for passing and merging even at highway speeds. Everything seems very tight and well fitted. No interior rattles (at least yet). Stability and the feeling of the driver being in control are impressive. Very Nice car!

So much fun
By Joe on 03/05/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove a lot of vehicles, including Acura TL, Volvo 40, Infiniti G35 and the Lexus IS 250. When I prioritized fuel economy, seat comfort for all passengers (12 ways on both fronts, Lux Edition) and fun factor, I kept coming back to the Passat. I've taken it to Florida and back, averaging almost 34 mpg. I've had a couple little problems that the dealer fixed right away; the satellite radio was defective and the right rear door mechanism broke inside. This has been a very enjoyable purchase, and I often find reasons to go somewhere now. I have about 8000 miles on the vehicle now.

A Wolf in Passat Clothing
By Tex Murphy on 02/20/08 15:52 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The B6 model sports numerous improvements over the B5 models, most notably, an insane 280HP v6 that uses as much gas as the outgoing B5! Now that's just obscene! The electromechanical steering mechanism is perfectly "weighed" and is precise, secure and responsive. The Acura had a more pronounced body lean, and the steering wasn't that good. The interior is a good blend of luxury and German pragmatism. The buttons are intuitive, and the console is not as cluttered as the Acura's. The Passat won out over the Lexus 330 and Acura TL. I thought my wife's B5 kicked, but this one blows it away in every aspect save for color.