2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Only 4 cylinders?????
By labdad on 05/29/08 21:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first test drove the Passat, I was sold. However, I continued to look at a couple other models, Audi A4 and the Saab 9.3. The Audi was nice, the Saab was ok, but I kept coming back to the Passat. The acceleration is fantastic. The ride is quiet, transmission is smooth, and the seats are very accommodating.

Great Car!
By 2008PassatOwner on 05/25/08 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my new Passat. The 4 cylinder engine with Turbo rides like a 6 cylinder. Great pick up and cruising speed. The Passat is a classy car with lots of room.

VW - WOWed me!
By car mania on 05/23/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am leasing Passats since 2000. The newest one is simply superb! So much faster and smoother than 2004 model. I was very pleased to find that so many things were added to even the least expensive Turbo!

Car driving is fun again
By silvergc on 05/22/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After many years of telling myself that my next car would not be under- powered, I finally have one that isn't. It's amazing how much power VW gets out of this 2.0 L engine. The car is no lightweight at 3300 lbs, but the engine still delivers enough torque to push you back in the seat when accelerating. This car is a joy to drive. Much more so than other cars in the same price-range and size. The only problem I have with the car is the red and blue instrument lighting. Human eyes are real sensitive to red light, it's good for low light situations. Blue light focuses at a different point than red making the instruments harder to read than if only one color was selected.

Awesome Turbo Ride
By 2008 Passat Turbo on 05/21/08 07:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I moved up from a Jetta, which I loved, to a Passat. My initial reason was for comfort; the Passat seats are by far the most comfortable I have tried. But beyond the comfort I also discovered an incredible driving experience. The 4 cylinder turbo is so smooth and when you need the power, it is definitely there! You would never know it was only 4 cylinders. As I noted with my Jetta, the basics that come with a VW far surpass most other vehicles. It is definitely worth the money. I have the 6 speed manual which makes the ride even more fun and the mpg is good too! We have been getting up to 34 mpg highway and average 25-27 in the city. I have over 3,000 miles - not one glitch. Love it!

You too can Drive One
By vw2008 on 05/13/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

"CHAMPAGNE TASTE ON A BEER BUDGET" probably covers everything that you need to know about the new Passat, and for all you non-drinkers, you just plug in your cool key and drive. The value to cost ratio is excellent. I tend not to keep cars for over 3-4 years, so as for reliability, the Passat will probably work just fine or will be covered under warranty. On the other hand, my wife has the C. Beetle and she loves it.

Should have bought one sooner
By Buffalo Bill on 05/13/08 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What a great vehicle. Fun to drive, great looks, snappy acceleration, corners like a dream, comfortable and simply one of the best buys in my life (and I have owned several Lexus'). Should have had these over the years and saved a ton of money. Thanks VW.

Brains & Beauty w/Fun Personality
By bostonian8 on 05/13/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A longtime Honda/Acura guy, I was looking at getting a new family sedan. Looked at sedans in the $30-45k range:Audi, BMW, MB, Lexus, infiniti, Honda, Nissan, and Acura. Many great choices, but none had a better combination of performance, road feel, elegance, or room. Many smiles were had driving the Passat especially when pondering about the real benefits of great mpg of the 2.0, and its very excellent value compared to others evaluated. Research showed VW/Audi's have a reputation of lower reliability to Japan's best. My criteria homework showed I could live with the balanced experience of a fun, safe, practical car, that sacrifices a little reliability for some very "soulful drivability

Reaction vs. Reason
By Bostonian on 05/12/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am an avid Honda/Acura fan and owner. Working on my 5th new car, I wanted something a little different. I checked out BMW, MB, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, and to be fair Honda, Nissan, and Acura. When reviewing cars $30-$45K, no car had better MPG, better responsiveness, or more room. More importantly- none made me smile more while driving. Additional smiles were had while having all this fun for $10-15K less than the evaluated cars "in the ballpark". True- VWs and Audi are not known for the stellar reliability of Japanese cars, but they are still acceptable by today's standards. Sometimes you can listen to your heart while not giving up on your logic. I did. Thanks VW.

New Owner of a 2008 Passat
By jobales on 05/11/08 22:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Saturday I went out to view the new Tiguan and came home with a 2008 Passat Turbo (6 spd auto). I've wanted one for the last year and moved from a well equipped 2005-1/2 Jetta 2.5L. I gave up a few options (Auto headlights, self-dimming rearview mirror, dual climate control, and Rain Sensor wipers) but overall I'm excited with my Passat. The interior is what actually sold me as I fell in love with it a year ago when I was having service on my Jetta. It's roomy, comfortable, and makes me feel like I'm driving a much more expensive car! It's also in one of my favorite 'color' combinations: Black exterior/black interior. I'm also happy to say that on the expressway today it averaged 34 MPG!