2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Passat Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
The best sedan
By pouria on 06/28/08 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our 3rd VW. Last couple were Jettas but the Passat is so smooth the 2.0 L is awesome. Great fuel economy around 32 mpg on highway and around 26 in town. 2008 jd power loves this car. Better rating than Accord. Our other car is Honda pilot and we love our Passat. We are going to trade our pilot for a Tiguan, another VW with the same engine of our Passat. Buy it.

First VW
By Hector on 06/28/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Did my research on Edmunds customer reviews and the Passat had consistent stellar reviews. Considered Honda, Subaru, Volvo but kept going back to the Passat. Wanted something sporty, family friendly, and decent gas mileage and Passat won me over. The Passat is quick and a blast to drive! We have a SUV for family trips and a luxury Japanese sedan but we seem to always take out the VW! A little expensive than other brands but a little negotiating can put you at the same price range for a better car.

No major problems after 2 1/2 months
By jimmydean on 06/22/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Car handles very well. Great entry level luxury sedan. Would recommend.

Love my VW
By shogan070 on 06/22/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I upgraded to the 2008 Passat Komfort from a 1998 Passat GLS with a five speed manual. My old car ran great and I have to admit that it was hard to let it go, but I soon got over that. I have had the new car for about a month now and I like everything about it. The 2.0T 200 hp four cylinder is unbelievably powerful for an I4 and a drastic improvement over the 150 hp 1.8T in my old car. The suspension and steering are perfect, I barely feel bumps when I go over them. The fuel economy is excellent as well. I get between 350 and 400 miles out of every 16 gallon tank of gas. This car is the perfect balance of high performance and efficiency.

I love my passat!
By supanova on 06/15/08 17:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently traded in my nightmare of car (Jeep grand Cherokee). I bought my passat a few days ago. I'm over the moon! My kids love it. The backseat is roomy. The trunk space is much bigger than I expected. And I love the sound system. The sun / moon roof. And the power! Go Volkswagen!

great so far
By drnox on 06/10/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had the 4motion for about six months. Great car, excellent rider, with great handling.

great car
By Gregg on 06/09/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought a Passat and loving it! Great handling, very responsive, totally impressed.

VW WINS!
By car expert on 06/07/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you want a European car, the VW Passat VR6 is outstanding! Great value compared to other German cars. The clean style, design, fit & finish in my Passat is beautiful. A lot of people can't believe its a VW! And I saved $$$! The car has been reliable on top of a 4 yr 50K warranty. The list of standard features is huge! I've owned lots of cars, German, Japanese and American made, this Passat is clearly a great car for the money! If you're looking for a mid-size car, check out and drive the Passat, it will win you over! If you can afford the VR6, you'll enjoy the extra power, handling and soft leather seats that will cradle you! Combined gas mileage has been 21+ mpg for my fast driving.

Great car for the price
By fred on 06/03/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is fun to drive, yet at the same time a great car to haul the kids around. my only disappointment is the lack of some of the features available on European models, like the bluetooth. In an earlier post someone mentioned circuit city connecting the bluetooth for $20 dollars!!! Anyone have any more details, I called circuit city and they said they couldn't do anything for vw's 2003 and newer

Good value for money
By Terry K on 06/03/08 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car. Excellent build quality, comfortable, quiet, good MPG, and some really nice features.