2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
best sedan for the money
By Irfan on 06/02/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Wife's car. Drives beautifully, specially on curves. accelerates like a beast. better than most V6s. braking system is excellent. rear AC vents a plus. adequate leg room in the back, as we have a car seat with a 21 month old. Excellent cruise control. Trip computer is very cool and intuitive. In door umbrella holes are nice. Triptronic feature is very cool but auto is easier. Sound system not the best but we got the cheap base system. metal reinforced back seat. Cannot get a "semi-luxury" german engineered sedan for a better price.

so far, so good
By athena on 05/16/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my used Passat Base model 2 weeks ago. Drove a van since 1989. Love my Passat. It looks great, drives and handles really well. Good gas mileage, especially on the highway. Bumps are sometimes a little hard. Seats are very comfy. Loads of space and leg room in the rear. Wish more features were standard instead of optional. Good sound system too. So far, so good!

2008 VW Passat Turbo Sedan Manual
By vwenthu on 05/11/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Its been 18 months that I purchased this beauty and I am still as excited about it when I bought it. I was a bit skeptical about VW's reliability so it took me a while to post this review. I am extremely glad I made a great choice. Was tempted to buy Acura TSX but the looks, standard features (luxury options in other cars), roominess sold me completely. I couldn't believe that I have the base trim that comes with most of the luxury features you would like in your car. Not to mention the compliments you get.. You should definitely put Passat on top of your list if you want to have spirited and fun driving and euro handling.

Good so far
By carnut on 04/13/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have 13k miles on it and so far no problems. It's our first VW and was a little hesitant with other bad reviews of corky problems with VW's. Early on had the tire pressure light come on with no tire pressure problems. Also, started it one cold morning and ran really rough, turned it off, let it sit 10 min and no problems since. Did a lot of shopping and this was the best lease out there. $406/mo - zero dollars down out the door, 10k mi/yr 15K dollar residual 36mo lease. Looking back I would go with the sport package (different seats, climate, wheels & brakes).

3 rd passat
By robert knowles on 03/20/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2001 passat 1.8 2004 passat 1.8 2008 passat 2.0 This is the car. the 2008 2.0 litre turbo..The powertrain is amazing. Cruise at 70mph/30- 32mpg.. depending on terrain. The 2.0 litre turbo.. great acceleration..plenty of power on hills... especially on 1-84..pa/ny.... must use 5w40 synthetic and change oil every 3500 miles.. discard stock tires.. use Dunlop winter sports 3d... simply brilliant auto.. thanks vw

Can't beat it!
By Josh Hughes on 02/07/09 03:56 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Passat has been a very fun and stylish car to drive. When I was looking to lease a sedan, I could not find anything that came close to the amount of features and quality you get at such a fair price. I have only driven the car about 5500 miles, but I have had zero problems thus far. I am continually amazed at the excellent gas mileage. I don't miss anything with a 4 cyl - the turbo engine is just enough.

The Best
By Tracie on 01/26/09 10:55 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have truly enjoyed my Passat so far!!! It is very fun to drive and I love it very much.....It's roomy, not to big and not too small. I have owned a Mustang and a Jeep Liberty and my Passat beats them both...

My other car is a Eurovan
By John Schank on 01/19/09 20:34 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the last one in the area after the CC model introduced. The premium in price and owner cost of the VR6 4Motion "standard" should not be an issue with this car. This past summer test drove and was surprised to reach 100 mph up long grade smoothly and quietly thanks to the high compression VR 6. Now, on the ice, and over slush, the 4 Motion comes into it's own. It comes with "noisy" Pirelli P Zeros that become wonderfully silent at high highway speeds, without worry that control will be lost, as with quieter touring rubber.

2008 VW Passat Komfort Sedan
By mm on 01/04/09 19:35 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed driving my Passat this year. Handling and performance are excellent. The 2.0 Turbo has great pickup. Interior fit and finish are very good. I consistently get about 28 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. I considered an Accord (owned 3 previously) but was looking for something different. I had always liked the Passat and I'm glad I chose it. Definitely more fun to drive.

RESPECT FOR GERMAN ENGINEERING
By Ted on 11/11/08 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this vehicle about three weeks ago. Ever since, we rediscovered the pleasure of driving. I am stuck daily in long commuting lines, but now that I have my Passat, who really cares what's going on out there? It is a thrill. This is our first German car, brand new - a wish dreamed for so long, finally came true. We hope to not lose this feeling any soon...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.