Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

so far so good - 32k miles - original owner
By reverseswing

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car as a lease since 2008. I have had no issues at all, only been to the dealer every 10k miles for oil changes & scheduled service. Lease is about to end so I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to buy the car outright or possibly go for the new 2012 US made version.

Favorite Features

I like the turbo and also some of the extra benefits of having this car compared to other japanese & US manufacturers, such as the nicer interior and the great handling.

VW Passat 4 Motion
By bogolf

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle for family and fun, powerful V6 with 4 motion traction. Make me anxious for the snow to fall. Nice interior, handles great, a bit large for my taste but I have a family so must compromise a bit.

Favorite Features

All around performance, style and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I hated the Pirelli factory tires,very noisey, replaced with Continentals and they are great.

08 VW Passat Komfort 2.0 Turbo
By randy

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The care had few problems that were covered under the waranty: replaced steering column, transmission sensor, air conditioning replaced. Because the warranty covered these items we saved $10,000 in fix up costs. Despite these problems, the car has been reliable once the initial issues have been adressed. The design is great and the car has a lot of nice features. Drove it cross county in the mountains and it held up I like the look of the car. My wife tells me to get rid of the care now that the warranty is out because it is a Lemon, but I tell her now that the dealer paid 10,000 to fix everything on the car nothing else will break. Just bought out the lease and time will tell who is right

Favorite Features

Electric driver seat, handling and steering on corners, sun roof, alloy wheels, look of car, radio buttons on steering wheel. Lots of little design features that make the care nice to drive, like sun glass holder and tilt up arm rest.

Suggested Improvements

Provide better warranty. 50 or 4 years cannot compete.

Excellent Sedan, Almost a Luxury
By phani9

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I Just traded in my 09'Jetta 2.5 SE for a 08'Passat komfort. It's a wonderful sedan with so much interior luxury & killer looks outside.

Favorite Features

2.0T engine with 200hp, 6-cd mp3, leather seating with heated front seats & rear a/c vent, 17" alloys.

Love this car!
By lori

I have had my Passat for 2 1/2 years now and I just love it. The car is fun to drive, has a ton of get up and go, is great on gas and I can't say how many compliments I get on the looks. I have the upgraded tires/rims and the car is extremely sporty with a grown up look. I just turned 20,000 miles without a problem. The paddle shifter is fun for sport driving and the turbo lets this baby move! I highly recommend this car!