2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: VW Passat Nothing but problems

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2.0T Wolfsburg Edition Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

VW Passat Nothing but problems
By srijack on

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new 2007 VW Passat on looks alone. The car has been in the dealership for repair on a regular basis. It did'nt bother me when the car was under warrenty. However I just paid my last payment in July and the car went off warrenty a few months before. The engine light went on the day before Thanksgiving and I brought it to the dealer, the service manager called and went thru a list of problems. The list started with emissions problems, and ended with oil leaking into the engine. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and got a manager. I told him that I would like them to buy the car back because I do not want it anymore. Apparently they do not want it either. Go figure.

VW should stop making cars perhaps making bicycles would be a better way of building a reliable means of transportation
By vwlifer
on 04/05/11 12:16 PM (PDT)

I agree with you 100%. I have been forwarned about VW's sensitivity once factory warrranty expires. The problem with VW's is that yes they do break down more often than other models but the ride feel is amazing. that si why I always purchase extended warranty for my vw's. When it is tmie to part with my VW i have a great selling point with theextended warranty coverage.