Solution to Interior SQUEEKS!
By Nepsis on
2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
First, I had to write just because several people mentioned interior squeaks in dash. YES, I had the same problem after a few miles and there is a simple fix. I purchased a can of silicone spray and using the spray tube simply lube all the seams around ctr console and wipe off excess. Can said safe for plastics and I had NO harmful effect to dash. Do this 2-3 X's a week apart and be sure to get all the seems, even where black sidewall next to your legs meets ctr console. No more dash noise and silicone smell will fade shortly. On a side note I got 58,000 on original tires but did have cupping/noise also. MPG awesome w/35- 36MPG on my commute common. Otherwise A++++ mechanically.
Favorite Features
Interior finish, Overall Look & nice handling. to computer shutdown at 135 MPH and handles very well at high speed. (Typical of Austrian/German Autobahn designed cars, eh?) Have had it First car I have bought that EXCEEDED mpg rating on window. Great balance of performance and MPG for a commuter.
Suggested Improvements
Silly German engineering makes car difficult to work on and can do with a little less mechanical electronics.