2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: So far, so good

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2.0T Wolfsburg Edition Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

So far, so good
By 07Passat on

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has performed very well for me in the past year and a half. I average about 31 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg during mixed driving. There isn't another 4-cylinder in this price range that performs as well. VW recommends premium fuel, but I haven't had any problems running regular, midgrade, or premium. Also, oil changes are expensive due to synthetic oil requirement. I hope the car remains reliable over the years, as some studies show that VW's can have reliability issues.

Favorite Features

Engine - good start up speed. Seats - drove from WI to WA (2000 mi) in 2.5 days and didn't have a sore butt. In my Grand Am, the seat starting becoming sore after about 300 miles. Large fuel tank - 500+ miles on highway.

Suggested Improvements

Could have a better stereo (don't understand why manufacturers can't put pre-amp outputs in the cd players). Also, engine is great at lower speeds but could use a little more umph at highway speeds (still better than other 4-cylinders cars), although this could be due to transmission or turbo- lag.