2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Worst car I have ever had! Lem

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2.0T Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Worst car I have ever had! Lemon for sure
By ajh2009 on

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I read reviews on hundreds of cars before I purchased my used Passat Wagon. I read some negative ones but for each bad one there was a good one or two so I made the decision to become a VW owner. What a horrible Idea. My Wagon has been in the shop several times - currently for $4000 worth or repairs (not covered under warranty) Thank God I purchased the extended warranty or I would really be upside down in this car. Everything from the AC / injectors / Fuel Pump, Water Pump / Sun Roof/ You name it I have had to repair or replace it. I will never purchase a VW again. The problems I am having should be replaced - repaired at no cost because they are faulty equipment and design. Not my fault.

The only thing I like about my wagon is that it is a wagon and has heated seats. Everything else - SUCKS!

AC is not designed to cool that much space. Build a quality car - don't cut corners.
By cski
on 03/28/15 06:45 AM (PDT)

My Neighbors just bought a 2007 with 75k on it. I begged them not to buy a used VW, but they did anyway. So, now they get to reap their just rewards. I told them the parts were astronomically expensive, and that a family member has worked for a local VW dealer for 30 years. The 2.0T E888 engine is good, but I think that engine is exclusive to Audi. The 2.0T in her wagon has 200 HP ad 207 lb ft. Did the car ever leave you stranded? Did VW honor ANY warranty claims? I am having a hard time getting KIA to warrant some things that are not wear items. (They could say the engine is a "wear item" when you really think about it). Anyway, good luck, and I will test out my neighbors A/C and see if it is strong enough to cool down the whole car. She bought the SEL so maybe it has rear vents. It even has in dash navigation, leather, sunroof and heated seats. All that will be broken by 150k of course!!!! Good luck.