2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic w/Prod. End 06/06 Consumer Review - A ripe lemon

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Wagon AWD w/Prod. End 06/06 (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

3.6 4Motion Wagon (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic w/Prod. End 06/06)

A ripe lemon
By xando05 on

What a piece of junk. I was so excited to special order this car back in 2006. I really thought I was going to get a stellar vehicle built in Germany. Well, I got the German part of the equation-that's it. This car was one of, if not the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. On my way home, the night of deliveryI quickly noticed that something was odd with the acceleration. There was a clear delay in forward motion once the driver depressed the accelerator. I had the car back to the dealer multiple times to address this situation. No luck. Finally the dealer contacted the regional VW rep about the issue. A software update was applied to the ECM. It improved the issue about 35%

Favorite Features

Cabin Space Interior Design Exterior Design AWD Leather Seating Surfaces Storage

Suggested Improvements

Build better quality vehicles. During the 6 or so months I owned the vehicle, it refused to start once or twice in my home garage. I thought I was buying a small Audi, what I bought was a lemon. I even contacted a Lemon law attorney in San Diego, but my case was turned down. This delayed acceleration issue was a life threatening problem. Imagine trying to accelerate onto the freeway or trying to accelerate to turn at a traffic light and there is a delay? It was pretty darn scary.