Piece of S...
By leholder on
2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I got my 2007 Passat almost 4 years ago 'used' (only 6 miles- it was a dealers show car) At first, it was great. However after about 2 years it started having issues. The check engine light was constantly on. I took it to two different VW dealerships to have it fixed a total of 4 times, every time getting a rental car and half the time they said there was no issue, twice they replaced the CV boots (in the matter of 3! months!!!) It died on my way to my parents house on christmas for the last time. Apparently after being given a clean bill of health, the drive chain broke and was then ground into my engine. So after spending roughly over $5,000 making sure it was ok, now it is gone. POS!
By dholds
on 06/22/12 17:36 PM (PDT)

I just read your review and I have to call B.S. on it! I own a 2007 Passat with the 2.0ltr turbo and have over 130,000 miles on it with VERY little problems other than a few minor recalls for computer programing glitches and an automatic transmission shift module that gave up twice (all covered under warranty). My car was assembled in Germany but the transmission and transmission shift module was made in Japan (Japanese automatic transmissions are not good), so I'm hoping the trans doesn't give out after writing this. Other than these few issues, my car hasn't experienced any where near the problems that you list! So I call BS on you! You have no idea what you are talking about since CVC Boots DO NOT GO BAD as much as you claim and the 2007 2.0ltr turbo engine DOES NOT HAVE A METAL TIMING CHAIN to break (it has a rubber timing belt that needs to be replaced around the 125,000 mile marker of which I had done along with the tensioner; this cost me $465.00 and was done by a certified VW shop)! I'm glad you no longer own this car, and I highly doubt that you ever did since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about in your review.