2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Best car I've ever owned
By joseph_s on

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think the best way to start this review is with the famous saying *results may vary. I have owned my car for the past 3 years and put over 30k miles on it. In all the time I have owned this car I have only been to the dealer a few times and only for regular maintenance and recalls. I have yet to have to pay a dime out of pocket fixing it. I have also never had my check engine light come on. There are lemons out there but they are usually not hard to spot, just check the Carfax for excessive dealer visits. The car is incredibly comfortable ride and handling are also superb. If you do your research right and check maintenance records, this car is insane value for the money. Just be careful.

Favorite Features

Where to start. The engine (same as in the GTI), Auto hold (stops the car from rolling on hills, and lets you take your foot of the brake in stop and go traffic/ traffic lights), the body shape (just a beautiful car), and the interior quality (feels like I'm in a $40k+ luxury sedan).

Suggested Improvements

I can't really think of anywhere to improve this car. For the money you can not find another car half as good as the Passat. If I had to find an area to improve, I think the transmission could shift a bit quicker. Other than that I've spent 10 minutes trying to find a fault and can't think of anything else.