2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
What a GREAT car!
By Dan R. on 06/01/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Second Passat, previous one was a 2000. This car is head and shoulders better, with improved styling, performance, and safety features. I love it! Can't beat the price for a near-luxury European sedan.

I love my new car!
By Jaime on 05/30/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I LOVE my new car! This is my second Volkswagon. My first, 2001 Cabrio, was not great whatsoever. I was a little bit iffy on getting another Volkswagen but I'm glad I did. It's been great!

Love my 3.6
By Halavais on 05/30/07 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second new VW, and I am very happy with it. I was considering a number of other cars (the TL, a Lexus, an A4, and a BMW), but this one was easily the best, especially if you, like me, want a little bit of extra room. It's gotten a lot of compliments in terms of looks, but really it is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Fun to just drop the hammer sometimes. As an aside, I drive mostly on highways, and at, um, excessive speeds :) and my mileage is a bit above the 26 MPG listed here.

Fun N Groovin
By Fun-N-Groovin on 05/30/07 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love this car so far. We traded out of an 03 BMW 5 series and feel like we upgraded. The ride is quiet and comfortable, the engine is responsive on the highway, the back seat is roomier than what we had, especially legroom. The free Sirius satellite radio is a plus as well. Overall, we feel like we got a sweet ride for a lot less than what we could have spent on an equivalently equipped Audi or BMW. We purchased the mocha with tan interior and it is a great combo.

Rock solid, but pricey for the VW badge
By Vlade Divac on 05/28/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are too many things to love about the car, so I'll only list the cons: The navi takes getting used to, and for $1,800, there are PLENTY of things missing: 1) voice-recognition, 2) touchscreen capability, and 3) you can't play CDs while using the nav. The iPod: it's great having the dock connector and an aux input, but the display doesn't include artist/song/album info. Ridiculous! Also, the aux input should be in the armrest, not next to the dock in the glovebox. The Dynaudio is crystal clear even at high volumes, but needs more bass. My Sirius capability didn't work and had to return for servicing immediately after I got it. Bummer. There's a button for it but no Bluetooth!

New to VW
By malter on 05/26/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned the car for 2 weeks so far I am impressed. Gas mileage is great. The performance of the engine is very impressive . The transmission and clutch operate like butter (the best FWD manual I ever drove). The handling of the car is a little strange at hi-way speeds, on lane changes with the DSC on, the frt. end bobs and sways a little.With the DSC disengaged (off) the car is neutral and reacts normally, strange for a safety feature. My MFD display has started to fade in warm weather the dealer has ordered parts, hopefully this is a one time occurence.

I love this car!!
By YyysAzz on 05/20/07 03:35 AM (PDT)

I owned a 99 Passat that I got from a co-worker that was about to retire, it had 210,000 miles I had driven the car for almost a year and needed a new car. Went looking and the Passat was high on the list. As soon as I saw the Wolfsburg edition I was sold. Almost everything you would want: MP3 CD changer, heated seats, steering wheel controls, fog lights; I saw it on a Saturday and drove out Monday afternoon. I have leased 4 GM SUVs in the last 10 years and I am more excited about this car than all of them. If you are in the market for a great car this is the one you want, but hurry only 6000 Wolfsburgs, if you miss one, wait if you can - a 50 state legal TDI is coming out in the fall.

Better than expected
By Chance the Gardener on 05/15/07 12:41 PM (PDT)

I didn't have much expectations when I leased this car. I just wanted a nice car for a good price. This car exceeded my expectations a thousand fold. Every time I drive it I find something else to like about it.

2nd Passat - Great So Far
By N1128Q on 05/05/07 12:47 PM (PDT)

I have had this car for one week - it is the 2nd Passat I've leased and I'm impressed with it so far. Smooth ride, great handling, fit and finish seem excellent, quiet ride. The Wolfsburg Edition has a lot of content for the price. While the Japanese cars give you a lot of bells and whistles for a few dollars less, the VW is more of a driver's car. I'll trade gee-gaws for real performance everytime.

I HATE MY NEW CAR!
By Steven on 04/30/07 18:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The one I bought is NOT like the one I test drove. Mine drives like a boat, or more accurately, my grandmother's Caddie. This does NOT drive like previous Passats (I've owned three). I don't know what the rationale is, but it is NOT the car you've heard of; it's redesigned by VERY old folks. Do yourself a favor: get the BMW 328i for the same price. If you "must" have a VW, get the sports package. The next four years are going to be the most miserable driving years of my life. I plan to drive my wife's older car as much as possible.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.