Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Fun to drive
By Ardis

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2.0T is fun to drive but the automatic tranny is slow on take off and lacks throttle response. There are a couple of aggravating squeaks in the interior on rough roads but overall interior is very nice quality, just needs some tweaking. The tail lights are separating within the light fixture and resting on the inner part of the enclosure plastic. To fix, u must replacing the entire fixture. Lights look good but are poorly put together. AC is cold but fan is insufficient to blow/cool even the front of the car in adequate time. One final note is that the car is fun to drive and the turbo, once spun up, is very responsive. Every car has its shortcomings and vw is no exception.

Pleasantly responsive at highway speeds and gas mileage will be hard to beat.

A/C fan; Tail light fixtures; and sqeeks in dash.

fun to drive
By john wallace

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

this car is totally underated fun to drive and way ahead of northamerican my first passat but not my last Own and don't lease service is great too

steering and ride

brake pedal noise

Great Deal.
By pete

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought the car because we need a bigger car due to my mother-in-law being so ill and traded our VW Beetle convertible, yes we cried. This car we've owned for almost 2 years and have gotten great gas mileage and excellent reliability from our Passat. I don't like the car but for the price and features, size, comfort, suspension we can't beat the German price we got. Other owners have complained but how do they really treat their cars? Do they really service them when needed, Volkswagen has really come up from where they were a couple years ago. Back in 2000 I bought a brand new Beetle and the thing within a year broke down 6 times less than 10k miles, I'm impressed with the improvement of quality.

Suspension and smooth drive, great gas mileage.

Less octane gas, more feature in the vehicle like Bluetooth, etc.

Pretty Good!
By 13HUNDY

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At just over 30k miles, I would have to say that this is a pretty good car. Other than regular maintenance (which is more expensive than I anticipated), I've had it in the dealership to update the ECU once. The build seems solid, and that turbo makes it a blast to drive with good gas mileage to boot. Handling is good, not tight, but not sloppy either. The interior seems very refined, I don't have all the rattles that I've experienced with other cars. I didn't care for the stock radio, so installed my own. There's so many "little" features about this car that I just love. I hope it lasts quite awhile.

4cyl Turbo. Good gas mileage. Many safety features. Cheap to insure. Dash display.

Get "normal" seat adjustments, that rotary dial is just ridiculous! Make engine air filter easier to get to. Wheel bolt pattern isn't a "mainstream" size, and difficult to easily find aftermarket wheels for.

So far, so good
By 07Passat

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has performed very well for me in the past year and a half. I average about 31 mpg on the highway and 26 mpg during mixed driving. There isn't another 4-cylinder in this price range that performs as well. VW recommends premium fuel, but I haven't had any problems running regular, midgrade, or premium. Also, oil changes are expensive due to synthetic oil requirement. I hope the car remains reliable over the years, as some studies show that VW's can have reliability issues.

Engine - good start up speed. Seats - drove from WI to WA (2000 mi) in 2.5 days and didn't have a sore butt. In my Grand Am, the seat starting becoming sore after about 300 miles. Large fuel tank - 500+ miles on highway.

Could have a better stereo (don't understand why manufacturers can't put pre-amp outputs in the cd players). Also, engine is great at lower speeds but could use a little more umph at highway speeds (still better than other 4-cylinders cars), although this could be due to transmission or turbo- lag.