Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Great Passat
By REB

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best car ever owned and I have owned many!!

Perfect ride has 27k and still runs like new. As long as you take car of your car it will take care of you!

Driver right leg room a little close.

Third Passat
By Gene

This is our third Passat (first a 1993) and it is the best. The car feels like a much bigger and more expense automobile. No problems and only expense is the scheduled maintenance. I alternate between Plus and High Test gasoline and runs great. I was most impressed by the highway MPG. I always get between 31 and 32 MPG with one trip turning in 35. I would recommend changing the oil more often than VW recommends. 10,000 miles seems a little long.

ride, looks and gas mileage

Feels good but not reliable
By lfouts

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 20,000 miles on my 07 Passat 2.0T. Last week it quit operating while on the freeway. Felt like it was out of gas and unresponsive to gas pedal. Had plenty of gas. Coasted to shoulder and it resumed operating. Then there was a loud noise that was not from the engine. Towed it to the dealer. They checked it out and found nothing wrong. It drove perfectly again. The technician gently told me that perhaps I hit the brake and the gas at the same time and the computer, for safety, favored the brake and went into a low power mode. Sounded possible the way tech explained it. I don't trust the car now. Anyone else had this problem?

Drives great, solid feel, good gas mileage.

Front seat cushion too narrow. A/C emits a terrible smell that dealer says is common and cannot be fixed.

Audi performance; VW price
By Randy

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove Audis and BMWs before deciding on the Passat. I love the six speed transmission, and using the Sport setting makes the car go like a rocket. Insurance is very reasonable on this model too. Absolutely no problems in two years of ownership, which is something even my Honda couldn't deliver (I don't know why Consumer Reports keeps knocking VW quality, when I've owned 3 VWs and had few problems). The power and performance of this car is great, and it's comfortable on long trips. If I had it to do over, I would have paid for the leather package because I plan to keep this car for a long time.

Love the power, when passing and when cruising along. I live in the South and the climate control system keeps the car nice and cool.

Again, I would probably opt for the leather if I were doing this again. Or, if the base version came with cloth instead of leatherette, that would be nice, but this is a minor quibble.

Fun to drive
By Ardis

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2.0T is fun to drive but the automatic tranny is slow on take off and lacks throttle response. There are a couple of aggravating squeaks in the interior on rough roads but overall interior is very nice quality, just needs some tweaking. The tail lights are separating within the light fixture and resting on the inner part of the enclosure plastic. To fix, u must replacing the entire fixture. Lights look good but are poorly put together. AC is cold but fan is insufficient to blow/cool even the front of the car in adequate time. One final note is that the car is fun to drive and the turbo, once spun up, is very responsive. Every car has its shortcomings and vw is no exception.

Pleasantly responsive at highway speeds and gas mileage will be hard to beat.

A/C fan; Tail light fixtures; and sqeeks in dash.