2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
I've Changed My Mind
By N1128Q on 12/05/07 11:30 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I originally posted a glowing review of this car but I've changed my mind. Over the past 2k miles, I've replaced the transmission shift valve, had the oil breather valve break (and went through a court of oil in less than 2k miles), and now have the MIL indicator on all of the time, for reasons unknown. The windshield seems to scratch if anything gets on it. Plus, the car has developed annoying squeaks and rattles. At the 10k service, I'm going to have the dealer go over the car with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is checked out. The dealer is fantastic but the car is not. Very disappointing as I really liked my 2004 Passat.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Octane on 12/02/07 08:22 AM (PST)

After parting ways with my Mazda6, I was looking for a refined, well-designed sedan with good gas mileage. Deciding that every Japanese sedan was boring, pudgy, or otherwise less refined, I decided to pick up a VW. Not only does this car feel like it is on another level, it has been exceeding the EPA gas mileage estimates! This car is solid!

Worst experience ever
By Libaridian on 11/28/07 10:50 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Dont get me wrong I love volkswagens, we have had Audis and Volkswagens for 10 years. We recently bought a 2007 Passat and during our 2nd oil change was told we needed a new engine. Our car has been in the shop for over 30 days and Volkswagen has been impossible to deal with. They have not offered to pay for our rental and now say that the cost incurred for this is going to be on us. What? I asked to be reimbursed for 2 car payments since I am still making them and reimbursement for the rental car and they told me "Nope sorry". Worst experience ever and my stupid car is still in the shop. Don't buy one, they are not cheap cars and not cheap to maintain.

So far, wonderful!
By Vixter on 11/08/07 10:14 AM (PST)

I've only had my first VW for 2 months, but so far, it's wonderful! I was a Toyota Solara owner for a long time; but with aging parents, they were not able to get into the back seat. I wanted a 4 door, sporty car and I finally found one. I told the dealers I was looking for 3 things: good-looking (inside and out), a comfortable car, and the right price. The Passat has it all.

Fun to drive!
By Tony on 11/07/07 15:14 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitating when I purchased this 2007 Passat because of the bad reliability reviews on the previous models. But I was really impressed by its performance while test driving, besides, 90% part of 2007 Passat were made in Germany, so I assumed the manufacturer made some progress on it. So far I have been driving my Passat for 5 months and I love it very much. I don't regret that I chose Passat over Accord EX at the same price range, and I hope I don't regret my choice after several years. Now I am giving high rating for it. If there is anything happen in the future, I will follow up in Edmunds.

So far, so good
By pghtiny on 11/05/07 05:03 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I placed an order for a 2.0T manual sport package Passat sedan in late March and got the car in late June. The car is well worth the wait. After over 4 months, I'm still exploring the features available in this car, especially the radio system. I do mostly city driving, so that takes a hit on fuel economy (22-24 MPG). When I do get on the highway (27-31 MPG), though, this car wants to go!! Only time I had to take it to the shop was when I had the dash panels disconnected with a connector unplugged and I placed the key in the ignition to open the windows. A third party programming tool could have solved that problem without going to the dealer. I upgraded from a 1986 VW Golf.

Love it!
By keelime on 10/22/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Even though Consumer's Report gave the Passat a bad rating, I liked the handling better than any of the other cars I test drove - Altima, Camry, Accord, Prius, Acura. Before I took the leap, I called the service manager at several VW dealerships and asked them what kinds of repairs they were seeing. Everyone I spoke to said that they saw very few repairs for the '07 Passat and thought it was the best car in the VW line. So I ignored CR and took the plunge. I'm glad I did. The car handles like an expensive European sports car on turns. It is comfortable, stylish, responsive and reliable.

Go for it !
By peter on 10/14/07 19:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the vw passat in candy apple white, sport package w/18" wheels, what a great looking car! The ride is exceptional, tight and confident. This feeling rises in proportion with the speedometer reading. Personal taste is subjective, but I truly believe that the lines of the passat are best accentuated when presented in candy apple white with 18" wheels. A real head turner. Odometer is approaching 10,000mi and no issues. Go for it !

Happy 1st time VW owner
By Scott Erickson on 09/17/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for 2.5 months and overall, I'm very satisfied. I also considered the Acura TL and Infiniti G35. Good blend of performance, fuel economy, and price for equipped features. The ride is firm, but not harsh. The interior is laid out nicely and is very comfortable. Lots of well-thought-out little touches, like the sun shades that are integrated into the rear doors and rear window. Some minor annoynances are the throttle lag, the satellite radio didn't work (after activating the service), the auto unlock sometimes doesn't work, and the car will creep forward with 'Hold' active. There is also an annoying airflow/buffeting issue with sunroof open when speed is 35-45 mph.

Best Bang for your Buck!
By Adam on 09/10/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

I've had my VW Wolfsburg Passat for almost a week, and it is incredible! I just graduated from college, and I wanted to get rid of my 2002 Mazda Protege5. I wanted something more sophisticated, but still sporty enough to drive. At 6'3, it's difficult for me to fit into sport sedans. I couldn't fit into a Lexus IS, and getting a BMW 328i wouldn't be economical as I just got my first job. I got a great deal on this Passat, and I was hesitant at first about it. After researching the car on Edmunds and other auto sites, I see that this car has it all. The turbo is plenty powerful, and I barely feel the need to go into sport mode.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.