Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

German Lemon
By Kory

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say that this is the worst car that I have ever owned. I traded my 1992 Saturn SL1 for this car. My Saturn was definitely a "no frills" car that was perfect for my needs, which at the time was reliable transportation to and from school and work. My husband wanted a larger sedan. Our VW ran great for the first 15000 miles, then it was in the shop constantly. The car stalled frequently, lost power steering, had all sorts of electrical problems. A recurring crack in the fuel line was the last straw and we traded it for a Saturn Vue. I know others who have had many electrical problems with these cars. They are pretty but not reliable. I will never buy a VW again.

Looks nice, but not reliable.

Figure out what the problems are and correct them. Ours was in and out of the dealership service dept. and many others have had similar complaints. Fuel line leaking seems to be a common complaint. I smelled gas in the interior of the car and couldn't figure out where it was coming from at first.

Solution to Interior SQUEEKS!
By Nepsis

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First, I had to write just because several people mentioned interior squeaks in dash. YES, I had the same problem after a few miles and there is a simple fix. I purchased a can of silicone spray and using the spray tube simply lube all the seams around ctr console and wipe off excess. Can said safe for plastics and I had NO harmful effect to dash. Do this 2-3 X's a week apart and be sure to get all the seems, even where black sidewall next to your legs meets ctr console. No more dash noise and silicone smell will fade shortly. On a side note I got 58,000 on original tires but did have cupping/noise also. MPG awesome w/35- 36MPG on my commute common. Otherwise A++++ mechanically.

Interior finish, Overall Look & nice handling. to computer shutdown at 135 MPH and handles very well at high speed. (Typical of Austrian/German Autobahn designed cars, eh?) Have had it First car I have bought that EXCEEDED mpg rating on window. Great balance of performance and MPG for a commuter.

Silly German engineering makes car difficult to work on and can do with a little less mechanical electronics.

shaking while at high speed
By passatvw

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned Volkswagen 2006 jetta it was shaking so I traded it for 2007 passat it driving me crazy I had new tires and balance done but car shakes stearing wheel its not shaking but whole car does, I think for new car it wasnt supposed to shake, it feel like hitting car jumping as soon as it gets to 40 mph, ,can anyone tell me if it has same problem with volkwagen, overall car starts fast like hell, and when I put cd in I wait for ever to start, it doesnt start in 20 min or more, ,and dash board sounds so annoying, like, it fallin apart, let me know if this is normal for Volkswagen since both jetta and passat shake while driving, jetta had good cd player,

dashboard,,and i love blue lights,very cold ac,,

shaking need to stop,make it more comfy,and fix cd player,and noise in dashboard,and less noise road noise,engine is much louder that jetta,

creekiest car I've ever owned
By creeky

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

07 Passat sedan recently purchased (20K), looks great, handles well, but is the creekiest car I have ever owned. The dealer tried twice to fix the unacceptable noises in and around the dash/glove box/console to no avail.Is this typical for the 2007 passat? The service department said I was "very particular" even though they acknowledged that there are "minor squeaks, which, by the way, are noticeable on even the smoothest of roads.

I can't believe it
By jwilliamsoh

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Long story short; I used to own a company and drove MB as a rule. Now things are very different so I still wanted German and went with a VW. The top part of the engine has been rebuilt twice as the timing chain broke twice. Now I was a LITTLE late on a couple oil changes; like 2k miles, not THAT big of a deal (for other cars). Now with 78k miles the car is starting to tick again and it is under 3 years old. Now I have driven a lot of miles but drive (slow) due to some points I drive the speed limit. Take off NORMAL, stop normal, no driving fast or racing. Also because funds are tight I need to get the most out of the gas. I average (for the past 8k miles) 23.7 mpg.

Car has a nice design (looks).

Build a quality car like VW has always been known for. I picked this car because I feel on hard times and wanted the highest quality I could get for the little I could spend (and the car is not cheap). In return I got something that keeps breaking, is now out of warranty and I can't pay to fix