Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Buying a VW is a coin toss.
By Weiser on 04/11/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, I like Volkswagens. I have owned a 2002 Jetta and now a 2007 Passat. I've had my Passat in the shop about 6 times so far for all sorts of problems, minor and major. Seems to be electrical and sensors not working or going bad. I get about 31-32 MPG Highway and 25 City. Not bad for a 200 HP Car that performs like a V8 Mustang. Overall quality is good and the ride and handling is excellent. You get a lot for the money compared to a comparable BMW.

Nice V-Dub
By Chris on 04/11/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this sedan after having a tree fell on top my week-old Passat Wagon. This car is super plush, super quick, and has every amenity I could possibly want. I actually chose this over a more expensive Mercedes C-class sport, which I found extremely sluggish and a lot smaller. For me, the Passat is like getting the Audi A4 engine with the A6 room...and saving about $20,000. One problem, though: the brakes are god-awful. They are spongy and way too small for the engine, which is extremely peppy--especially when accelerating between in the mid range. Going up hills, and accelerating at highway speed, the 2.0 turbo really hums. Love the stereo too.

"Ultimate Driving Machine"
By AudiGuy18T on 04/10/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

I traded from a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T with Quattro. This Passat beats the Audi out in every way. Tornado red with tan leather! This car is great in the snow with 4 snow tires...as good as quattro..yet it is FWD. The car drives amazing. Since I've owned it over 1 year and 21,000 miles, ive had to replace the low note horn and an oxygen sensor. The dealership is not the greatest, but there are plenty of places to go for service. I love this car, I get many compliments everywhere I go from people who are 18 to 70! It's a real head turner. I did the APR chip upgrade which boosts the HP to 257hp and the torque to 303lbs of torque.WOW! a Porsche in disguise! Go buy a Passat..you wont regret!

Nice vehicle, but consumes OIL
By Serg on 04/04/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car a year ago. First, I was very satisfied. This car looks and performs well for the money I paid. Since the purchase, Iíve been in the service at least 8 times; mostly minor things like lights and radio, but I also had a bigger concern: the oil level goes from max to min in 3K miles. At dealership, they changed some parts including turbo. Still, the problem was not resolved. It took me a year back and forth. Year later, they took a test after 645 miles and determine that 200 grams of oil are gone. They call to VW and after that called me and said that VW says that it is normal. I thought they were joking. They were not.

07 passat, 2.0t auto
By Brian Corkery on 04/04/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Build quality is simply bad, drivers foot pedals are off set to the right of center, this means your right leg rest against the panel in the right side of the foot well. Tons of squeaks and rattles with 10,900 miles on it now. Seat warmers have no easy to see LEDs to see at a glance if they are on. Seats are extremely comfortable though. I was skeptical initially but the performance and economy are great with the automatic. Headlights are wimpy I had a '95 VR6 that had 206,000 miles on it. There's no way on earth this 07 will last that long

Love it!
By Dr. John Harris on 03/12/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. I have owned 2 other passats in the past and will continue to buy them in the future. These cars are extremely fun to drive. They handle like a sports car and keep up with other sports cars in bigger clases. I race mine frequently against trans ams, corvettes, etc. and keep up with them. Not bad for a "family sedan".

Great car
By halavais on 02/22/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This one is a sleeper. It's beautiful inside and out, and a great performer. Think of it as on a par with a 3-series BMW in performance and pricing, but with 5-series interior space. If you are looking to impress people with how much money you can spend, a VW isn't going to do it. If you are more interested in a high performance, comfortable, stylish car, this is it.

Great Buy
By vwunderbar on 02/08/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent fit and finish, great power, good sound system, very much improved rigidity and suspension.

4Motion Fun
By 4Motion007 on 01/08/08 12:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

No problems yet (13,000 miles). With a fully loaded car traveling over 1200 miles in one trip I averaged 29.7 mpg. Here in Denver on 91 gas with 60% stop and go highway and 40% city I get 25 mpg. In the snowy mountains the AWD and Pirelli all season tires handle better than my ford explorer. Interior is very comfortable, quiet, and nicely finished. The stock radio sounds great and satellite radio is a nice addition. The iPod adapter is nice, but does not work well with new iPods. HID lighting is great at night. Parking sensors are great when parking in tight spaces. Paddle shifters are great when controlling speeds down mountain roads or for just having a blast punching the throttle.

Accord who??
By minijedimaster on 12/15/07 19:33 PM (PST)

I bought this vehicle because I have a long commute and needed something comfortable. This car more than exceeds that. Wonderful performance out of the 4 cylinder while not compromising on gas mileage. I'm averaging about 25-26 mpg in mixed highway/city driving. I've taken sharp turns at 55 mph and have gotten it up to 135 on a long straight away. Interior does not feel cheap in anyway like "domestic" vehicles and standard options are more than enough. I have about 15,000 miles on it already and no problems at all. I can't recommend this car enough to anyone in the midsize sedan market. I mean why buy another vehicle w/6cyl that has less HP and eats more gas as is the case w/many others.