Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Before you buy
By drad

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 11 days ago. Took it back after 24 hrs w/ ignition coil issue (I was merging onto the highway and lost all power) Took it back again today and had all 4 spark plugs replaced. I have had check engine lights coming on and off everyday. The gas cap light keeps coming on as well. I really like the way the car looks and drives but I'm nervous about the cost to own it. I did buy a power train warranty which unfortunatly does not cover electrical issues. I would recommend having a mechanic that knows VW look at the car very closely before you buy it. Lots of little problems equal one big headache.

Favorite Features

The over all look and sound. When you hit the gas it really does growl.

Suggested Improvements

Dealership customer service and over quality of the car.

Regret !!!!!
By kang@malaysia

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car give more problems than pleasure. After 1st service,1st problem the engine suddenly turn off when at the junction. Made me heart attack! It happen 4 times, the mechanic can't fix d problem. 2nd problem the transmission, when slow down the gear go descending from 4th gear to 3rd gear.Changing gear,a rough sound come out, I send it back to VW service center 4 check, the mechanic can't find any problem.Until now still waiting 4 the outcome. 3rd problem the dashboard and door rubber also give squeak. This would be my last vw i ever have. And the mechanics not proper trained, not even take care of my car, break d plastic engine cover, dashboard joint until now still waiting 4 d parts.

Suggested Improvements

Please put more afford on QC check......

keys
By captainandrea

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just inherited an '07 Passat which is a lovely car but don't know if I would have chosen to purchase it. The first ordeal was the keys had been lost and the car had been garaged for 2 years. It took 3 trips (of 120 miles round trip) to visit the nearest dealership to get "keys". First I ordered a little black plastic thingy that had to be programmed to the vin# ($67) to open the car - no keys found inside. Then I had to order the outer remote key ($130) THEN I HAD TO TOW THE CAR to the dealership to have it programmed all together!!!!!! The entire ordeal took one week and cost me more than $500!!! SO DON'T EVER, EVER LOSE YOUR "KEY"!!!

Favorite Features

Exterior look, trunk space, acceleration, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Very uncomfortable driver seat if you are short. Lots of road noise. Car always locks itself so I have to constantly unlock it to let passengers in/out

Headache!
By rdnormi

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Second Passat owned, purchased certified pre-owned with 10k miles, and absolutely disappointed. Loved my '04 and for the most part I enjoy the '07 but there are endless issues. Luckily the manufacturer warranty has covered many but having to take the car in every few months is unacceptable. Constant check engine lights, turbo downpipe issues, coil pack issue, etc... Sad to say probably the last VW I will buy.

Favorite Features

Nice car, great looks, decent handeling, much improved motor from previous model (especially in redards to turbo lag) overall a good car, minus the issues.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality of build. Issues after 100k miles is understandable but 50k is unacceptable.

Hell on wheels
By altour1980

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car used @ 16,000 miles. was great initially. after one year, had to have the catalytic converters replaced, the emergency brake engaged itself, and had to be towed to the shop, just outside of warranty for that, it started doing it again. The AC unit is not blowing cold air in the second year of ownership, the coils were replaced, and now the check engine light is on but of course they tell me that its something else and has nothing to do with that even though the car was just fine before they touched it. went to change a fuse and the whole electrical system freaked out! loved this car but my gosh whats next? UNRELIABLE and can't wait to be rid of it!

Favorite Features

leather interior and stock radio system

Suggested Improvements

stop sticking people with payments they can't afford to pay once all these things start going wrong with the car! we should all start a class action suit!