2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Solution to Interior SQUEEKS!
By Nepsis on 09/21/09 08:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First, I had to write just because several people mentioned interior squeaks in dash. YES, I had the same problem after a few miles and there is a simple fix. I purchased a can of silicone spray and using the spray tube simply lube all the seams around ctr console and wipe off excess. Can said safe for plastics and I had NO harmful effect to dash. Do this 2-3 X's a week apart and be sure to get all the seems, even where black sidewall next to your legs meets ctr console. No more dash noise and silicone smell will fade shortly. On a side note I got 58,000 on original tires but did have cupping/noise also. MPG awesome w/35- 36MPG on my commute common. Otherwise A++++ mechanically.

shaking while at high speed
By passatvw on 08/25/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned Volkswagen 2006 jetta it was shaking so I traded it for 2007 passat it driving me crazy I had new tires and balance done but car shakes stearing wheel its not shaking but whole car does, I think for new car it wasnt supposed to shake, it feel like hitting car jumping as soon as it gets to 40 mph, ,can anyone tell me if it has same problem with volkwagen, overall car starts fast like hell, and when I put cd in I wait for ever to start, it doesnt start in 20 min or more, ,and dash board sounds so annoying, like, it fallin apart, let me know if this is normal for Volkswagen since both jetta and passat shake while driving, jetta had good cd player,

creekiest car I've ever owned
By creeky on 07/11/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

07 Passat sedan recently purchased (20K), looks great, handles well, but is the creekiest car I have ever owned. The dealer tried twice to fix the unacceptable noises in and around the dash/glove box/console to no avail.Is this typical for the 2007 passat? The service department said I was "very particular" even though they acknowledged that there are "minor squeaks, which, by the way, are noticeable on even the smoothest of roads.

I can't believe it
By jwilliamsoh on 07/11/09 16:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Long story short; I used to own a company and drove MB as a rule. Now things are very different so I still wanted German and went with a VW. The top part of the engine has been rebuilt twice as the timing chain broke twice. Now I was a LITTLE late on a couple oil changes; like 2k miles, not THAT big of a deal (for other cars). Now with 78k miles the car is starting to tick again and it is under 3 years old. Now I have driven a lot of miles but drive (slow) due to some points I drive the speed limit. Take off NORMAL, stop normal, no driving fast or racing. Also because funds are tight I need to get the most out of the gas. I average (for the past 8k miles) 23.7 mpg.

Great Passat
By REB on 07/08/09 21:27 PM (PDT)

Best car ever owned and I have owned many!!

Third Passat
By Gene on 05/30/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

This is our third Passat (first a 1993) and it is the best. The car feels like a much bigger and more expense automobile. No problems and only expense is the scheduled maintenance. I alternate between Plus and High Test gasoline and runs great. I was most impressed by the highway MPG. I always get between 31 and 32 MPG with one trip turning in 35. I would recommend changing the oil more often than VW recommends. 10,000 miles seems a little long.

Feels good but not reliable
By lfouts on 05/30/09 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 20,000 miles on my 07 Passat 2.0T. Last week it quit operating while on the freeway. Felt like it was out of gas and unresponsive to gas pedal. Had plenty of gas. Coasted to shoulder and it resumed operating. Then there was a loud noise that was not from the engine. Towed it to the dealer. They checked it out and found nothing wrong. It drove perfectly again. The technician gently told me that perhaps I hit the brake and the gas at the same time and the computer, for safety, favored the brake and went into a low power mode. Sounded possible the way tech explained it. I don't trust the car now. Anyone else had this problem?

Audi performance; VW price
By Randy on 04/10/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove Audis and BMWs before deciding on the Passat. I love the six speed transmission, and using the Sport setting makes the car go like a rocket. Insurance is very reasonable on this model too. Absolutely no problems in two years of ownership, which is something even my Honda couldn't deliver (I don't know why Consumer Reports keeps knocking VW quality, when I've owned 3 VWs and had few problems). The power and performance of this car is great, and it's comfortable on long trips. If I had it to do over, I would have paid for the leather package because I plan to keep this car for a long time.

Fun to drive
By Ardis on 03/27/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2.0T is fun to drive but the automatic tranny is slow on take off and lacks throttle response. There are a couple of aggravating squeaks in the interior on rough roads but overall interior is very nice quality, just needs some tweaking. The tail lights are separating within the light fixture and resting on the inner part of the enclosure plastic. To fix, u must replacing the entire fixture. Lights look good but are poorly put together. AC is cold but fan is insufficient to blow/cool even the front of the car in adequate time. One final note is that the car is fun to drive and the turbo, once spun up, is very responsive. Every car has its shortcomings and vw is no exception.

fun to drive
By john wallace on 02/26/09 00:04 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

this car is totally underated fun to drive and way ahead of northamerican my first passat but not my last Own and don't lease service is great too

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.