2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Too many problems, bye bye vw!
By jtmke on 01/16/11 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A fun car to drive when it's not in the shop. As most people have noted electrical issues are constant and irritating. For me, it has been trunk latch issues - trunk won't latch or pops open when driving. Dealer took 3 visits to fix. Mirrors move unpredictably, sometimes while driving. A/c failed and whole compressor needed replacement. Every time the temp drops below zero the steering controls short meaning the whole unit must be replaced. All of this is under warranty but what a waste of time. I can't wait to get rid of this lemon - very sad considering this is my 4th vw. But never again!

VW Passat Nothing but problems
By srijack on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new 2007 VW Passat on looks alone. The car has been in the dealership for repair on a regular basis. It did'nt bother me when the car was under warrenty. However I just paid my last payment in July and the car went off warrenty a few months before. The engine light went on the day before Thanksgiving and I brought it to the dealer, the service manager called and went thru a list of problems. The list started with emissions problems, and ended with oil leaking into the engine. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and got a manager. I told him that I would like them to buy the car back because I do not want it anymore. Apparently they do not want it either. Go figure.

BIGGEST MISTAKE!
By mmackey on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought my Passat in 08 and had to bring it to the shop after only 2 months. Check engine light has come on periodically since purchasing the vehicle. Gas tank build up that had to be cleaned (out of pocket almost $200). Breaks had to be replaced and rotars within 5 months. My key has been stuck in the ignition several times. We are already experiencing turbo lag. Also, knocking sound coming from the engine. We apparently blew a gasket that was spraying oil all over the engine. We have owned the vehicle for less than 2 years and have brought it to the shop 13 TIMES! We are looking to trade it in and are completely upside down! Pretty to look at but VERY UNRELIABLE! This will our last VW!

NEVER...EVER...AGAIN!!!
By Michelle on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car brand new in '07. "Service Now" light has appeared on dash since first oil change. Electronic E-brake has left me stranded, and now rarely works..gets stuck on daily. Interior "chrome" has peeled on shifter, as well as peeling on door lock buttons. Xenon bulbs have had to be replaced on both sides, twice..$165/bulb!! Driver's side heated seats only worked for one year. Rear seat has loose stitching in spots...seat has only been used a handful of times, ever. EPC light illuminated on dash and caused expensive repairs to fix. Door lock sensor became stuck on and needed to be brought in for service. Engine is now experiencing tremendous turbo lag. DO NOT BUY!!

Before you buy
By drad on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 11 days ago. Took it back after 24 hrs w/ ignition coil issue (I was merging onto the highway and lost all power) Took it back again today and had all 4 spark plugs replaced. I have had check engine lights coming on and off everyday. The gas cap light keeps coming on as well. I really like the way the car looks and drives but I'm nervous about the cost to own it. I did buy a power train warranty which unfortunatly does not cover electrical issues. I would recommend having a mechanic that knows VW look at the car very closely before you buy it. Lots of little problems equal one big headache.

Regret !!!!!
By kang@malaysia on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

The car give more problems than pleasure. After 1st service,1st problem the engine suddenly turn off when at the junction. Made me heart attack! It happen 4 times, the mechanic can't fix d problem. 2nd problem the transmission, when slow down the gear go descending from 4th gear to 3rd gear.Changing gear,a rough sound come out, I send it back to VW service center 4 check, the mechanic can't find any problem.Until now still waiting 4 the outcome. 3rd problem the dashboard and door rubber also give squeak. This would be my last vw i ever have. And the mechanics not proper trained, not even take care of my car, break d plastic engine cover, dashboard joint until now still waiting 4 d parts.

keys
By captainandrea on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just inherited an '07 Passat which is a lovely car but don't know if I would have chosen to purchase it. The first ordeal was the keys had been lost and the car had been garaged for 2 years. It took 3 trips (of 120 miles round trip) to visit the nearest dealership to get "keys". First I ordered a little black plastic thingy that had to be programmed to the vin# ($67) to open the car - no keys found inside. Then I had to order the outer remote key ($130) THEN I HAD TO TOW THE CAR to the dealership to have it programmed all together!!!!!! The entire ordeal took one week and cost me more than $500!!! SO DON'T EVER, EVER LOSE YOUR "KEY"!!!

Headache!
By rdnormi on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Second Passat owned, purchased certified pre-owned with 10k miles, and absolutely disappointed. Loved my '04 and for the most part I enjoy the '07 but there are endless issues. Luckily the manufacturer warranty has covered many but having to take the car in every few months is unacceptable. Constant check engine lights, turbo downpipe issues, coil pack issue, etc... Sad to say probably the last VW I will buy.

Hell on wheels
By altour1980 on 08/16/10 19:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car used @ 16,000 miles. was great initially. after one year, had to have the catalytic converters replaced, the emergency brake engaged itself, and had to be towed to the shop, just outside of warranty for that, it started doing it again. The AC unit is not blowing cold air in the second year of ownership, the coils were replaced, and now the check engine light is on but of course they tell me that its something else and has nothing to do with that even though the car was just fine before they touched it. went to change a fuse and the whole electrical system freaked out! loved this car but my gosh whats next? UNRELIABLE and can't wait to be rid of it!

The Wolfsberg Edition Sedan
By CBraish on 05/18/10 21:04 PM (PDT)

I've driven Mercedes, BMW, Dodge, Chevrolet, and even a Nissan but this car is the best EVER. It handles like Mercedes, is faster than a BMW, and costs as much as a VW. It is so quiet and comfortable, and it is huge. I'm 6'1" and I can sit in the back seat comfortably. You could by an Audi A4 (Which I consider the only real competitor) but for 2/3 the price, I'll take the Passat. I did buy this new and I have 17,000 Miles now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.