Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Great cars
By rlvwgirl

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Maybe I am just anothr "lucky one", but I love my 2007 Passat. Prior to this VW I owned a 2000 Passat that I drove to 168k miles that had NEVER been in the shop for any repairs other than general maintenance. This 2007 car has NEVER been in the shop excluding brake maintenance and two recalls that did have to do with the computer system. Overall I think these cars are a great value, fun to drive, get good gas mileage, and the maintenance expenses are reasonable.

The driver's seat could be re-designed for improved comfort.

Second Passat Same Results
By msassano

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2001 model, 275K, 2nd set of brakes, only repair other than maintenance was tie rod ends. Virtually flawless. Now have a 2007 model, 160K, much stronger engine, fun to drive. No mechanical issues. Biggest issue is the VW dealership in Franklin, TN but the car(s) have been great. Maybe I have been lucky but seriously, no issues. BTW, still on the first set of brakes on the front and second on the rear with 160K. Stepping up to the Audi version with the next car because of the dealership, not the car.

Reliability, performance, gas mileage.

Would only be nit picking.

Perfect from Day 1
By memphis17

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this as a never-titled demo with 5,000 miles on it. I am knocking wood as I say this, but I have not had the first problem with this car, after 75,000 miles. It's my second Passat V6, and is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I had an 04 Passat V6, which was really fun to drive, but after warranty it began to have issues. The 07 is a better model, I think, though the steering is not as tight as the 04 due to the widened body. I took the 07 Passat to the dealer for regular service, but when the warranty expired, I just started having the oil changes done at Jiffy Lube. I think it's not good for a car to be tinkered with too much (i.e., if it ain't broke...). Excellent car.

Comes standard with everything, though mine had a few lux features like park assist, which is the best thing since sliced bread. You can park this thing in a space that you otherwise wouldn't get into without park assist. Like the rain-sensing wipers.

Cabin noise at high speeds. This could be improved. Also, the seat warmers don't warm as well as they did when the vehicle was "new".

Piece of S...
By leholder

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my 2007 Passat almost 4 years ago 'used' (only 6 miles- it was a dealers show car) At first, it was great. However after about 2 years it started having issues. The check engine light was constantly on. I took it to two different VW dealerships to have it fixed a total of 4 times, every time getting a rental car and half the time they said there was no issue, twice they replaced the CV boots (in the matter of 3! months!!!) It died on my way to my parents house on christmas for the last time. Apparently after being given a clean bill of health, the drive chain broke and was then ground into my engine. So after spending roughly over $5,000 making sure it was ok, now it is gone. POS!

2007 passat is a horrible product!
By passatsucks

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had several VW all new. The last one was a brand new 2007 passat I bought. Chck engine is constantly on! The inetrior (back) is peeling off even though no one ever sits there. I am in and out of the shop every month! If you get it all fixed then at least I would wake up with a flat tire! This is worst than my first used car which was a beat up saturn!! I will never go near VW again!! Its a cheap product and I puke when I see it. It's paid off and I am looking for a new car but I would rather ride the train than to buy another cheap behind german product. My husband bought a used BMW at the same time that I bought mine and he has had no problems at all..I am totally done with VW!!