Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

A ripe lemon
By xando05

2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Wagon AWD w/Prod. End 06/06 (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What a piece of junk. I was so excited to special order this car back in 2006. I really thought I was going to get a stellar vehicle built in Germany. Well, I got the German part of the equation-that's it. This car was one of, if not the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. On my way home, the night of deliveryI quickly noticed that something was odd with the acceleration. There was a clear delay in forward motion once the driver depressed the accelerator. I had the car back to the dealer multiple times to address this situation. No luck. Finally the dealer contacted the regional VW rep about the issue. A software update was applied to the ECM. It improved the issue about 35%

Favorite Features

Cabin Space Interior Design Exterior Design AWD Leather Seating Surfaces Storage

Suggested Improvements

Build better quality vehicles. During the 6 or so months I owned the vehicle, it refused to start once or twice in my home garage. I thought I was buying a small Audi, what I bought was a lemon. I even contacted a Lemon law attorney in San Diego, but my case was turned down. This delayed acceleration issue was a life threatening problem. Imagine trying to accelerate onto the freeway or trying to accelerate to turn at a traffic light and there is a delay? It was pretty darn scary.

Final review of my Wagon
By rentonpilot

2007 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This, my friends had to be the best car I have ever owned. I bought this used with 150 miles on it in 07. It had been serviced EVERY 5k miles religiously. Every recall and warranty repair had been performed by my VW dealer, not some independent guy who calls himself "European something works or werks". NEVER once have I been left stranded by this car in the 130k+ miles I have owned it. I had 2 unexpected repairs at about 127k miles, one of the ignition coils went bad and the seat airbag on the passenger side went bad too. The car is roomy, fun to drive and great on road trips with the family. It cost me over all 33.4 cent/mile with everything, gas, depreciation and repairs! Can't beat that.

Favorite Features

Roomy, frugal on gas, fun to drive, love the electric tail gate, cheap to operate. 0.334$/mile including gas, maintenance and depreciation is dirt cheap for this fine German automobile. The engine and 6 speed auto transmission is a marvel and perform fantastically together. I sold it in January of this year and bought myself a 2012 CPO GTI.

Suggested Improvements

Keep up the great work on these cars and bring back the new Passat Wagon!

When isn't my 2007 Passat in the shop!!!
By nm124

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having it for not even a year. The Ambient Sensor was reading -5 degrees in 100 degree temp. When my sensor was reading wrong my AC would not blow out cool air. Car was in shop for about a month. 2 months later its back in the shop for the smae issue. This time they replaced the Instrument Cluster. So far its ok, BUT now my GasCap light goes on every morning and when I go to start my car it struggles to start. The moonroof doesnt close all the way sometimes. The car shakes now when its in park... The list goes on! I dont put the cheap gas either I put Chevron gas Premium. This is the MOST inconvenient car i have ever bought! I cant wait until I can pay it off to buy a Infiniti!!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything!!!!

Love It!
By jmf80

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 07 12 months ago with 85,000 and put 20,000 on it. Only have needed oil changes, the check engine light does come on now and then but thats VW. Just took it on a 1200 mile trip with 90s to 100 degree heat and performed beautifully. Just a great car to drive!

Favorite Features

Engine performance, seat comfort, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Head light covers always yellow on all my VWs...Fix that and we are good.

Great cars
By rlvwgirl

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Maybe I am just anothr "lucky one", but I love my 2007 Passat. Prior to this VW I owned a 2000 Passat that I drove to 168k miles that had NEVER been in the shop for any repairs other than general maintenance. This 2007 car has NEVER been in the shop excluding brake maintenance and two recalls that did have to do with the computer system. Overall I think these cars are a great value, fun to drive, get good gas mileage, and the maintenance expenses are reasonable.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's seat could be re-designed for improved comfort.