2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
NOT A GOOD CAR... WILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN
By bashkimpopaj on 01/20/12 15:15 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i bought my passat 2.0L 2007 three months ago and have sent it to the garage three times already. the first of many problems is the injector witch has left me stuck on a road 200 miles away from home and i also had to pay £560 to be taken home by the AA. the other problem is with the key which dosent start the engine easily. the turbo which makes a bad noise. it does not have good power while you drive it. i am very upset and angry with the car and i would never consider buying such a car again and i most certainly will never consider buying a volkswagen again.

Perfect from Day 1
By memphis17 on 01/20/12 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this as a never-titled demo with 5,000 miles on it. I am knocking wood as I say this, but I have not had the first problem with this car, after 75,000 miles. It's my second Passat V6, and is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I had an 04 Passat V6, which was really fun to drive, but after warranty it began to have issues. The 07 is a better model, I think, though the steering is not as tight as the 04 due to the widened body. I took the 07 Passat to the dealer for regular service, but when the warranty expired, I just started having the oil changes done at Jiffy Lube. I think it's not good for a car to be tinkered with too much (i.e., if it ain't broke...). Excellent car.

Love my Wagon
By mexglx on 01/10/12 15:01 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 06/06 (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this Wagon! I bought used with CPO warranty from VW. Has 60K miles. They take care of every little issue. The power of the V6 is amazing. It is fast. Love sport mode. The ABS and traction control do a great job. All the features it has are amazing for a 2007. Memory seats that remember each key fob and move seats back to my spot when I open the door. Tons of room. I'm 6'3" and my daughters child seat fits behind me when I drive. Great multi-function display in dash with Nav directions/audio/trip info. Multi-func steering wheel with Bluetooth phone functions. Handles fantastic. Feels like a Benz with VW price! Discovered tons of cool features after reading the manual. Love the engine

Piece of S...
By leholder on 12/29/11 01:34 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my 2007 Passat almost 4 years ago 'used' (only 6 miles- it was a dealers show car) At first, it was great. However after about 2 years it started having issues. The check engine light was constantly on. I took it to two different VW dealerships to have it fixed a total of 4 times, every time getting a rental car and half the time they said there was no issue, twice they replaced the CV boots (in the matter of 3! months!!!) It died on my way to my parents house on christmas for the last time. Apparently after being given a clean bill of health, the drive chain broke and was then ground into my engine. So after spending roughly over $5,000 making sure it was ok, now it is gone. POS!

Unreliable and cheaply made make for an expensive piece of junk
By nmanspach on 11/08/11 07:59 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 06/06 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car new in 2007, have never missed a scheduled service, and take pride in keeping a neat and clean car. My car should be in tip top shape, but it is a broken piece of junk. The transmission, turbo, and starter have all been replaced. The engine light is always coming on. The electrical system has had work done several times. I often either can't open or can't close the windows or sunroof and the back lift-gate gets stuck partially open. Sometimes the computer language switches to German, but restarting the car fixes that. The interior finishes started deteriorating and coming apart at 30,000 miles. Today, two days after its 75,000 mile scheduled service, it won't start.

2007 passat is a horrible product!
By passatsucks on 10/08/11 05:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had several VW all new. The last one was a brand new 2007 passat I bought. Chck engine is constantly on! The inetrior (back) is peeling off even though no one ever sits there. I am in and out of the shop every month! If you get it all fixed then at least I would wake up with a flat tire! This is worst than my first used car which was a beat up saturn!! I will never go near VW again!! Its a cheap product and I puke when I see it. It's paid off and I am looking for a new car but I would rather ride the train than to buy another cheap behind german product. My husband bought a used BMW at the same time that I bought mine and he has had no problems at all..I am totally done with VW!!

LEMON!
By snowcoe on 02/28/11 21:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned car with 36k miles and have had nothing but problems from the get go! I've brought my car in at least 7 times (3 of them occurring within the first 3 months) and I haven't even owned it for a year! The warranty has covered everything so far, but having to take it into the dealer every other month is such a pain; especially since they're not open on the weekends. It seems like as soon as one thing is fixed another breaks, not to mention the endless part recalls. The most recent issue is excessive oil consumption (adding 3 quarts in between 5k oil changes) and will have to submit a claim to VW to have it fixed. Ridiculous! Pretty car, but regret buying it!

Great highway car
By ctf60 on 02/22/11 14:23 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an amazing highway car; 36 mpg at 55 mph on a level is achievable. The cruise control makes travel effortless. I have had this car for two years now (currently with 79,000 miles). The styling inside and out is eye-catching (my wagon is glacier blue......wow, it looks better than most every vehicle on the road). When I first bought this car used, I had trouble with the check engine light. Was very erratic in my choice of fuel (sometimes I'd use 93 octane, sometimes 89). VW recommends 91 octane. Since then, I haven't varied from this and the past 5 months have not seen this light come on. Suffice it to say, that the emissions system of this car is very sensitive.

Too many problems, bye bye vw!
By jtmke on 01/16/11 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A fun car to drive when it's not in the shop. As most people have noted electrical issues are constant and irritating. For me, it has been trunk latch issues - trunk won't latch or pops open when driving. Dealer took 3 visits to fix. Mirrors move unpredictably, sometimes while driving. A/c failed and whole compressor needed replacement. Every time the temp drops below zero the steering controls short meaning the whole unit must be replaced. All of this is under warranty but what a waste of time. I can't wait to get rid of this lemon - very sad considering this is my 4th vw. But never again!

VW Passat Nothing but problems
By srijack on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new 2007 VW Passat on looks alone. The car has been in the dealership for repair on a regular basis. It did'nt bother me when the car was under warrenty. However I just paid my last payment in July and the car went off warrenty a few months before. The engine light went on the day before Thanksgiving and I brought it to the dealer, the service manager called and went thru a list of problems. The list started with emissions problems, and ended with oil leaking into the engine. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and got a manager. I told him that I would like them to buy the car back because I do not want it anymore. Apparently they do not want it either. Go figure.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.