2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Great Car but with Some Problems
By big guy cool cars on 01/29/07 16:36 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the car, I enjoy driving it, and I like the way it looks, but it has some problems. I had the entire a/c replaced twice and down here in South Florida it just extremely uncomfortable. Luckily it was all covered. the other problem was that the radio knobs started peeling, but once again it was completely covered. Also, some turbo lag that is noticeable, but I still like the performance. After all that, I still smile when I press that accelerator and turn that extremely responsive steering wheel. This is my second Volkswagen and it definitely won't be my last. It is safe, good looking, has great performance, and most importantly it is very reliable in every situation.

First Time VW Owner
By Pat on 01/23/07 22:26 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the first time I have ever purchased a VW. The ride is very smooth. The 2.0L Turbo has much more power than you would think. I don't think the 0 - 60 time is far off from my 2004 Maxima SE. The 6 speed automatic is smooth shifting and the Tiptronic transmission works better than most of the manual over automatic shifters out there. The fit and finish of the car is as good as anything out there. I got the leather package and xenon adaptive headlights. It is still early, but this is a really well built car.

Super VW
By Les on 12/02/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Passat 3.6 4Motion is an excellent car to drive. It has stylish looks. It's a great jump forward over the previous model. A job well done.

Like Getting Your Car Repaired?
By Kimberly Willey on 11/26/06 13:06 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car thinking it would be an affordable reliable luxury sedan. The interior and exterior styling is something you would see in more expensive cars, for less. But what we have encountered is endless problems with the electronic systems and poor customer service from the manufacturers and dealers. The car has been in the shop three times for repairs in less then four months with so far nine days and counting loss of use. With this last incident, the car had to actually be towed to the dealership for service. If you want a reliable quality vehicle-keep shopping!

VW Passat is Awesome
By Imn2vws on 11/20/06 19:54 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I absolutely love my Passat. I have had no issues at all and enjoy every time I get to go for a ride. The 2.0T Turbo engine is very powerful for such a fuel efficient engine. 200hp and 32mpg. I would do it again in a heart beat....

So Far So Good
By Jim on 11/16/06 16:42 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 45 cars in 45 years and over the last 10 years have driven only Mercedes, BMW's and Acuras. This is my first Volkswagen and I can't say that I am disappointed, it has been an adjustment to come from a BMW 330CI convertible to the Passat 3.6. I can say however, that I do enjoy the 280 HP engine and the Dynaudio sound system. The car is extremely quick off the line and easy to handle at high speeds. I have had to readjust to front wheel drive which is my only real complaint, the styling is beautiful and has a great European look. I do wish I had not made such a hasty decision and done a little more research before buying. I did get the entire premium/sport/navigation package.

Audi in VW's clothing...
By atr on 11/11/06 06:00 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for just over a week and loving every minute of it. I opted for the sport package and can't imagine it any other way. It has been quite a head-turner with lowered ride height and included 18" rims. It handles like a dream with lot's of power. So far great it has been getting great gas mileage, 26 - 29 mpg. The manual transmission was a must for me and I couldn't be happier with it. It is a smooth shifter through all 6 gears and accelerates with ease.

Buyer Beware
By Nuce on 11/05/06 04:57 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was so excited to get the newly re-designed 2007 Passat Wagon! What a mistake! I have had this vehicle in the shop THREE times since I purchased it in March 2006. The Engine Malfunction lights keeps coming on and the dealership cannot find the problem, except to say that that there is an evaporator leak that they cannot fix it. The service manager also stated that they had several Passats that were doing this. Please don't think that the dealership will back you up on these problems; THEY WON"T...I wrote a letter to VW and they were unwilling to help me too. Volkswagen will NOT stand behind their vehicle. The brakes squeak, too. Do not buy this vehicle.

Love My Passat
By Mark B on 11/03/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the 2007 Passat 2.0T with the sport suspension, sport seats and 18" wheels. I absolutely love this car. The handling and ride is superb for a car with OE sport suspension. The interior has enough room for 5 big adults and the trunk is huge. I consistently average 33 mpg on the highway and around 30 mpg in the city.

Faster Than Average Panze Tank
By eduright on 10/27/06 21:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well, I have test driven about 6 manuals and automatics. It is tricky to shift the manual, perhaps with several weeks practice it will get better/easier? I am not real happy with the clutch action. The ride is OK at lower speeds in town, but it's too noisy and a bit hard/rough at highway speeds on rough and bumpy pavement. It has good acceleration. The steering lacks fluidity. This car is not lithe, it handles OK for a biggish car. It has nice workmanship, looks, and an easy to use stereo with fair sound (but it's covered by road noise too easily). There was a good review of the Passat in Motor Trend's latest new car mag, which is out now. "Excessive" road/tire noise that covers stereo etc. is not good! This is a better car than most in its class though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.