Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Buying a VW is a coin toss.
By Weiser

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, I like Volkswagens. I have owned a 2002 Jetta and now a 2007 Passat. I've had my Passat in the shop about 6 times so far for all sorts of problems, minor and major. Seems to be electrical and sensors not working or going bad. I get about 31-32 MPG Highway and 25 City. Not bad for a 200 HP Car that performs like a V8 Mustang. Overall quality is good and the ride and handling is excellent. You get a lot for the money compared to a comparable BMW.

Favorite Features

Blinkers, Temperature Controls, Performance, Gas Mileage, Steering

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the key fob. Change the annoying "beep" sound when locking the doors. Improve the memory of the power seats to retain my settings.

Nice V-Dub
By Chris

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this sedan after having a tree fell on top my week-old Passat Wagon. This car is super plush, super quick, and has every amenity I could possibly want. I actually chose this over a more expensive Mercedes C-class sport, which I found extremely sluggish and a lot smaller. For me, the Passat is like getting the Audi A4 engine with the A6 room...and saving about $20,000. One problem, though: the brakes are god-awful. They are spongy and way too small for the engine, which is extremely peppy--especially when accelerating between in the mid range. Going up hills, and accelerating at highway speed, the 2.0 turbo really hums. Love the stereo too.

Favorite Features

good looking, quick engine, roomy

Suggested Improvements

lousy brakes, underpowered AC

"Ultimate Driving Machine"
By AudiGuy18T

I traded from a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T with Quattro. This Passat beats the Audi out in every way. Tornado red with tan leather! This car is great in the snow with 4 snow tires...as good as quattro..yet it is FWD. The car drives amazing. Since I've owned it over 1 year and 21,000 miles, ive had to replace the low note horn and an oxygen sensor. The dealership is not the greatest, but there are plenty of places to go for service. I love this car, I get many compliments everywhere I go from people who are 18 to 70! It's a real head turner. I did the APR chip upgrade which boosts the HP to 257hp and the torque to 303lbs of torque.WOW! a Porsche in disguise! Go buy a Passat..you wont regret!

Favorite Features

Ipod docking station in glove box, Xenon headlamps, key fob is unique, heated seats are so toasty!!! Turbo engine..weeeee. Just got buy one... I'm a VW fan..they make the best driving cars hands down... "People's Car", they didn't name it that for nothing.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage...it's hard to keep the car under 90! Better tires! The Michelin MXM4 are pricey and didn't last very long (17,000 miles) Power trunk on the sedan too. The CC is gorgeous and may have corrected these small things... we'll see.

Nice vehicle, but consumes OIL
By Serg

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car a year ago. First, I was very satisfied. This car looks and performs well for the money I paid. Since the purchase, Iíve been in the service at least 8 times; mostly minor things like lights and radio, but I also had a bigger concern: the oil level goes from max to min in 3K miles. At dealership, they changed some parts including turbo. Still, the problem was not resolved. It took me a year back and forth. Year later, they took a test after 645 miles and determine that 200 grams of oil are gone. They call to VW and after that called me and said that VW says that it is normal. I thought they were joking. They were not.

Favorite Features

I have a year old car with 14K miles on it, and I have to add approx 1.5 quarts of oil between oil changes. It is about 25%, and it is normal?? Think about it.

Suggested Improvements

Few things that concern me: 1. how much oil Iíll have to add in a few years; 2. environment; 3. how to sell this car for a reasonable price when it comes to sale.

07 passat, 2.0t auto
By Brian Corkery

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Build quality is simply bad, drivers foot pedals are off set to the right of center, this means your right leg rest against the panel in the right side of the foot well. Tons of squeaks and rattles with 10,900 miles on it now. Seat warmers have no easy to see LEDs to see at a glance if they are on. Seats are extremely comfortable though. I was skeptical initially but the performance and economy are great with the automatic. Headlights are wimpy I had a '95 VR6 that had 206,000 miles on it. There's no way on earth this 07 will last that long

Favorite Features

Seat comfort. Surface textures and materials used. Not built in Germany and Mexican build quality is very poor

Suggested Improvements

Center up the drivers pedals, add LEDs to shoe level of power on the seat heaters. Add headlights with some power. Please address the rattles and squeaks.