2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Best car I've ever owned
By joseph_s on 03/05/14 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I think the best way to start this review is with the famous saying *results may vary. I have owned my car for the past 3 years and put over 30k miles on it. In all the time I have owned this car I have only been to the dealer a few times and only for regular maintenance and recalls. I have yet to have to pay a dime out of pocket fixing it. I have also never had my check engine light come on. There are lemons out there but they are usually not hard to spot, just check the Carfax for excessive dealer visits. The car is incredibly comfortable ride and handling are also superb. If you do your research right and check maintenance records, this car is insane value for the money. Just be careful.

Great car with minor glitches
By ecm64 on 08/01/13 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased my Passat a little over a year ago with 77k. Thought this would be a good time to review what I think of this car so far. First off, this is a great driving car. By far the most enjoyable car I have owned as far as handling, engine performance, and road manners. VW has really nailed it with the steering on this car; very precise and accurate with good road feel. Also, the 4cyl engine in this car is very smooth with lots of power on tap. No turbo lag whatsoever. As for the minor glitches; main LCD dash display is starting to fade in/out and both power window switches on the driver's door that control the back windows only work intermittently. Typical German car wiring issues.

When isn't my 2007 Passat in the shop!!!
By nm124 on 11/20/12 11:09 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having it for not even a year. The Ambient Sensor was reading -5 degrees in 100 degree temp. When my sensor was reading wrong my AC would not blow out cool air. Car was in shop for about a month. 2 months later its back in the shop for the smae issue. This time they replaced the Instrument Cluster. So far its ok, BUT now my GasCap light goes on every morning and when I go to start my car it struggles to start. The moonroof doesnt close all the way sometimes. The car shakes now when its in park... The list goes on! I dont put the cheap gas either I put Chevron gas Premium. This is the MOST inconvenient car i have ever bought! I cant wait until I can pay it off to buy a Infiniti!!!

Love It!
By jmf80 on 07/29/12 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 07 12 months ago with 85,000 and put 20,000 on it. Only have needed oil changes, the check engine light does come on now and then but thats VW. Just took it on a 1200 mile trip with 90s to 100 degree heat and performed beautifully. Just a great car to drive!

Great cars
By rlvwgirl on 05/07/12 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Maybe I am just anothr "lucky one", but I love my 2007 Passat. Prior to this VW I owned a 2000 Passat that I drove to 168k miles that had NEVER been in the shop for any repairs other than general maintenance. This 2007 car has NEVER been in the shop excluding brake maintenance and two recalls that did have to do with the computer system. Overall I think these cars are a great value, fun to drive, get good gas mileage, and the maintenance expenses are reasonable.

Second Passat Same Results
By msassano on 02/05/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2001 model, 275K, 2nd set of brakes, only repair other than maintenance was tie rod ends. Virtually flawless. Now have a 2007 model, 160K, much stronger engine, fun to drive. No mechanical issues. Biggest issue is the VW dealership in Franklin, TN but the car(s) have been great. Maybe I have been lucky but seriously, no issues. BTW, still on the first set of brakes on the front and second on the rear with 160K. Stepping up to the Audi version with the next car because of the dealership, not the car.

Perfect from Day 1
By memphis17 on 01/20/12 12:53 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this as a never-titled demo with 5,000 miles on it. I am knocking wood as I say this, but I have not had the first problem with this car, after 75,000 miles. It's my second Passat V6, and is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. I had an 04 Passat V6, which was really fun to drive, but after warranty it began to have issues. The 07 is a better model, I think, though the steering is not as tight as the 04 due to the widened body. I took the 07 Passat to the dealer for regular service, but when the warranty expired, I just started having the oil changes done at Jiffy Lube. I think it's not good for a car to be tinkered with too much (i.e., if it ain't broke...). Excellent car.

Piece of S...
By leholder on 12/29/11 01:34 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got my 2007 Passat almost 4 years ago 'used' (only 6 miles- it was a dealers show car) At first, it was great. However after about 2 years it started having issues. The check engine light was constantly on. I took it to two different VW dealerships to have it fixed a total of 4 times, every time getting a rental car and half the time they said there was no issue, twice they replaced the CV boots (in the matter of 3! months!!!) It died on my way to my parents house on christmas for the last time. Apparently after being given a clean bill of health, the drive chain broke and was then ground into my engine. So after spending roughly over $5,000 making sure it was ok, now it is gone. POS!

2007 passat is a horrible product!
By passatsucks on 10/08/11 05:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had several VW all new. The last one was a brand new 2007 passat I bought. Chck engine is constantly on! The inetrior (back) is peeling off even though no one ever sits there. I am in and out of the shop every month! If you get it all fixed then at least I would wake up with a flat tire! This is worst than my first used car which was a beat up saturn!! I will never go near VW again!! Its a cheap product and I puke when I see it. It's paid off and I am looking for a new car but I would rather ride the train than to buy another cheap behind german product. My husband bought a used BMW at the same time that I bought mine and he has had no problems at all..I am totally done with VW!!

LEMON!
By snowcoe on 02/28/11 21:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned car with 36k miles and have had nothing but problems from the get go! I've brought my car in at least 7 times (3 of them occurring within the first 3 months) and I haven't even owned it for a year! The warranty has covered everything so far, but having to take it into the dealer every other month is such a pain; especially since they're not open on the weekends. It seems like as soon as one thing is fixed another breaks, not to mention the endless part recalls. The most recent issue is excessive oil consumption (adding 3 quarts in between 5k oil changes) and will have to submit a claim to VW to have it fixed. Ridiculous! Pretty car, but regret buying it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.