Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

I have a smile on my face every time I drive this turbo beauty and the beast
By Ondrej Stonawski

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my black 2007 Passat with the 2.0 T engine with the manual 6 speed transmission and the sport package with black leather seats in 2010 as a certified vehicle with about 31K miles. Right now I have just over 120K on it and it runs just like new. The car corners very well, acceleration is great, breaking is great, I love the manual 6-speed, when you are in a mood and there is a good curvy, hilly road Oh man... As you will find out later on, the car is more expensive to run due to premium gas and to maintain than an Accord or Camry, but what I can say is it delivers 5 tons of joy to me everyday I drive it.I installed a hitch to it as well and it pulls 2,000 lbs like a breeze.

Favorite Features

My car is loaded with everything you could have had in 2007. Every-time I sit in the sporty leather seats I get a slight smile on my face. When I bought the car it was like a Christmas for the first month or so, every day I found out little awesome features I did not notice before. A great one is that the head lights turn the direction your steering wheel does up to 30 mph. The acceleration is fantastic, and the sound going with it reving up to 6,500 rpm is magical. The ESP has saved me several times on slippery roads with black ice or freezing rain... Winter tires make a lot of difference in areas with slushy conditions, but that is true for all cars. I love how the car looks inside-out.

Suggested Improvements

I have a strong tie to this car, it is not the reliability champion, rather an underdog with minor hick-ups like a sticking solenoid valve to take the fuel fumes from the tank to the air intake (a $50 fix - twice so far) or the sun-roof mysteriously opens up a bit at random points, or the previously mentioned push-button break, now that made me change the rear break discs and that was several hundred dollar fix, the parking break does stick now and then, but given a little patience it releases and off you go. That's pretty much it for repairs. The dealer service prices are inflated, I service my car at a local shop without any issues.

NEVER...EVER...AGAIN!!!
By Michelle

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car brand new in '07. "Service Now" light has appeared on dash since first oil change. Electronic E-brake has left me stranded, and now rarely works..gets stuck on daily. Interior "chrome" has peeled on shifter, as well as peeling on door lock buttons. Xenon bulbs have had to be replaced on both sides, twice..$165/bulb!! Driver's side heated seats only worked for one year. Rear seat has loose stitching in spots...seat has only been used a handful of times, ever. EPC light illuminated on dash and caused expensive repairs to fix. Door lock sensor became stuck on and needed to be brought in for service. Engine is now experiencing tremendous turbo lag. DO NOT BUY!!

Favorite Features

Heated Seats (when they worked), spacious leg room, large trunk, red LED lights in ceiling, drunk opener on key fob, fun extras (esp the umbrella holder and water drain in the door) and traveling headlamps

Suggested Improvements

A light in the glovebox!!!...LARGER glove box...NO Xenon headlamps...Manual Emergency brake! Need to add major extensions to the factory warantee!

Electrical problems
By Gayle

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this used @ 23K from the dealership. Just love this car but now have had it in twice for electrical harness problems. Every light lit up on dash, replaced some wires. Two weeks later, same problem, lost all power and now VW is replacing whole electrical harness system. In for service for over a week. Interior make- up lights had to be replaced also, along with one recall.

Favorite Features

Inside comfort and all the bells & whistles.

What next?
By Kim

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was great until it hit about 43,000 miles. Then the entire ac system had to be replaced and the parking brake was stuck on and the car had to be towed. Everything was fine for a little while and then the recall work on the ignition coil pack. Check engine light back on before it left the dealership. My 93 BMW 318i with 210K miles is more reliable!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Start over on the performance issues.

I expected the Best!
By Don

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my VW used. I drove a BMW Z4 Coupe prior and have owned a Turbo S Beetle and C5 Corvette. This Passat is what I expected...that's why I bought it. I considered three premium used sedans over the Passat. A Saab 93, Caddy CTS and Audi A4. This time it was about VALUE. Everybody is complaining about comfort. I have those sport seats in my Passat that come standers in the VW CC. So far I've made three trips from LA to San Francisco and one LA to Las Vegas. Excellent mileage! I'm very and looking at the CC next

Favorite Features

The sport seats, the rear seats. The manual 6 Speed and the fact that it doesn't look like a Camry.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the push button parking break.