Very Disappointed
By xanthippe on
2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Bought this car new. Issues began appearing within 6 months (steering column replacement, oil disappearing with no leaks, peeling buttons, arm rests, emissions problems still, etc...). Have never experienced so many issues with a new $25,000 vehicle. Will never purchase a VW again. VW should be ashamed. Search the forums for issues on this car before you buy!!!
Favorite Features
Exterior, ride, roominess, interior good except for peeling buttons switches and arm rests.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability!
By gina12345
on 05/19/12 09:43 AM (PDT)

and no offense but just because this other person had a bad experience with a vw that doesnt give you the right to be a condescending a hole. No one cares about your cars or how much you dislike obama. this is a 25 THOUSAND dollar vehicle. if you got a lemon you would be pretty pissed too. Just sayin! \

By rbar2
on 05/29/12 14:29 PM (PDT)

I also purchased a new 2006 VW Passat. The buttons were replaced for peeling and then peeled again. THe door handles have peeled as well. The door panels have bubbled as well. The back seat no longer reclines which was hardly used. Now I have the biggest problem with a horrible sound coming from the engine (they think) but they can't find the problem. THis car has become the biggest disappointment. The wear and tear doesn't make sense. Will never again buy a VW and will definitely not recommend one.

By gina12345
on 05/19/12 09:41 AM (PDT)

I too have experienced several of those problems. My radio is peeling. The console in the backseat broke. Today i went in for an oil change and tires and found out that the reason that my oil is dissapearing with no leak is because my turbo is shot and the oil is shooting out the exhaust pipe. My air compressor is also shot.

By medic_dude
on 05/13/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

Give me a break. So you got a lemon. EVERY manufacturer has them. Sorry to rain on your pity parade, but I have had over 10 VW cars, a few New Beetles, several Jettas, and many Passats. I have never had to touch anything mechanical until 175,000 miles +! My last NB TDI just turned 225K, and our 16 year old daughter started driving it. She is still getting 45 MPG. My current '01 Passat has 185,000 and have done nothing but the regular maintenance to it. 1998 & newer, VW are some of the safest cars on the road, plain and simple. Go back to your Chevrolemons. They only have an average of 218 DPH for their cars/trucks. That would be 218 Defects Per Hundred cars! I for one am glad you won't buy a VW again, & I am sure VW is happy too. Wake up America. Obama Motors (A.K.A. GM) is still making over priced, lowest quality, aged sytle vehicles. Ford is getting better, Chrysler a distant third. But the big 2 today is Toyota #1, VW #2 and closing fast.

By smesser
on 07/09/12 23:21 PM (PDT)

I love my car but have also had many issues. My car has been in the shop 6 times within the last year. It only has 75,000 miles. Today the a/c went out :( I do not understand why??? I thought Vw was a dependable car. I paid over $30,000 new.....