2006 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Save your money

2006 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2.0T Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Save your money
By tarawater on

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Since early 2007, I have had the catyletic converter split, front and read brakes replaced, steering column replaced and put on sideways...had to take it back to the dealer. Front axle, compressor, 12 tires...its awful in the snow and ice. Satellite radio died, peeling on the arms and buttons, leak in the sunroof, terrible heating/cooling system...takes forever to heat up. Electrically system messed up and when I try and open the window, it closes, then opens. Numerous other things wrong with it. In just the past 6 months I've sunk $8000 into the car. The only thing I like is the way it handles on the open road. Im so disappointed with this car and will never buy a VW again.

Drive on open road.

Make it more maintenance free or improve on your service department...they are just awful. I think the men on the front desk have to take a lot of bad vibes from unhappy customers.
By barbiesworld
on 07/25/12 19:44 PM (PDT)

I too own this car and have had similar problems, only now they are telling me that I need to replace my automatic transmission for only $4200!! The faux leather interior on the armrests and one door needed to be replaced, the upgraded sound system painted buttons all peeled off and was told the only way to fix them is to replace the whole stereo system! The sunroof opened and closed not as instructed and my catalytic converter went out and I totally lost power driving down the road at 50 mph, luckily no one was behind me and it happened during the day. I too will never buy another Volkswagen because they sure don't make them like they used to!