LEMON. PERIOD.
By frne on
2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Where do I even start. First off, DO NOT buy this car. I had this vehicle for almost five years and it is indescribable the feeling I had when I got rid of it. Never will I stray from Honda or Toyota again. There is a reason there are so many Hondas on the road and very few VWs. I learned the hard way. This car consistently broke down and needed repairs. Not cheaper, either. The air compressor went out twice, cold air return motor died, and numerous recalls. I honestly still can't believe a car could be so bad. On the bright side, I tell anyone who will listen how awful my experience with VW was. I have convinced at least 30+ people to never buy a VW with my previous experience.
Favorite Features
None. Period. The car was in the shop so much that I became to despise this vehicle. VW should be ashamed of making such a terrible vehicle. I'm surprised the company didn't go bankrupt with how awful this series of cars were. Probably close to $7K in repairs on a car with less than 60K miles. Unacceptable.
Suggested Improvements
See above. Save yourself the hassle and never buy a VW. It might look nice but the quality of this vehicle is incredibly poor. Expensive to fix, requires full synthetic, and premium gas. This may sound small but it really can add up over time. Read the consumer reports on this car. Completely poor for a reason. In addition, the car does not hold any value so if you buy this car new you will lose a lot of money. I have become a strong advocate for Honda/Toyota after my experience with this disgraceful product they call Volkswagen.