Used 2006 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Sooner it's gone the better
By vw_no_more

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This vehicle while is fun to drive has spent more time with the mechanic than with us. 5 trips to fix the injectors, 4 trips the second time they went in only 140Km. I can't believe 2 sets of injectors in only 140Km. All 4 wheel bearings failed before 80Km, AC failed, trunk release failed, and on and on. The dealer would try something and when surprise it wasn't fixed told us to book another appointment, great except we live 5 hours from the nearest dealer, in one case it took 4 trips to fix one little problem. NO support from the VW dealer so we phoned VW Canada and all I got was "that's the way our warrenty works" I guess that means tough luck consumer. Stay away from this vehicle.

drove and handled well in all weather, just can't trust it to get you from point A to B

VW needs to stand behind what is obviously a lemon year rather than chase customers away. Remember Good service and quality work keeps people, poor service and poor quality keeps them away.

Lemon Vehicle
By momi60

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2006 passat sedan, the first year of owning the car my catalytic coverter went out. From that point each year a major componet on the vehicle goes out. Now I keep getting check engine light, the oil has to be replaced often and the cost to repair vehicle continues to rise. Now I have a camsgaft issue that is causing the regulator to leak. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I tell everyone I know and don't via reviews to stop buying vw vehicles. They don't stand by their product. Its pure garbage, since owning the vehicle I have spent approx. 7500 in repairs. Please don't be fooled into buying this product. Its DAMAGED and UNTRUST WORTHY!!!!!!!

Inside of vehicle is nice and modern, under hood is where the problem lies.

Stand by your product, repair these vehicle at no cost to the consumer.

Stay away Sell Now and Stay away. Do not buy ever.
By amravceng

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2006 Passat 2.0 T with 62K. This is the worst car I ever owned in my 50 years. The positive about a car is cool exterior look. The interior is falling apart. The drawers are stuck, paint is peeling off, other plastic parts have broken hinges. The engine is losing oil. I have to do oil change every 2,500 miles to keep dipstick inside the range. The wheel bearngs were replaced for both rear wheels. Air conditioner compressor died and AC didn't work for 2 years. The compressor for this car is the most expensive, due to high demand. VW of America are useless. Many Technical service Bulletins were issued, admitting the design flaws, but not granting financial aid. Stay away.

Save your money
By tarawater

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Since early 2007, I have had the catyletic converter split, front and read brakes replaced, steering column replaced and put on sideways...had to take it back to the dealer. Front axle, compressor, 12 tires...its awful in the snow and ice. Satellite radio died, peeling on the arms and buttons, leak in the sunroof, terrible heating/cooling system...takes forever to heat up. Electrically system messed up and when I try and open the window, it closes, then opens. Numerous other things wrong with it. In just the past 6 months I've sunk $8000 into the car. The only thing I like is the way it handles on the open road. Im so disappointed with this car and will never buy a VW again.

Drive on open road.

Make it more maintenance free or improve on your service department...they are just awful. I think the men on the front desk have to take a lot of bad vibes from unhappy customers.

Very Disappointed
By xanthippe

2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car new. Issues began appearing within 6 months (steering column replacement, oil disappearing with no leaks, peeling buttons, arm rests, emissions problems still, etc...). Have never experienced so many issues with a new $25,000 vehicle. Will never purchase a VW again. VW should be ashamed. Search the forums for issues on this car before you buy!!!

Exterior, ride, roominess, interior good except for peeling buttons switches and arm rests.

Reliability!