2006 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Good Car, But dont buy it
By zluan on 09/30/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Its rly a good car, but the small problems will make u in trouble, i m going to sell it b4 60k miles.

super car
By marcko24 on 09/24/11 09:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i think it should cost more than actually cost, very fast car, nice outside looking, all the luxury you can ask for, more than most of beemers, but............too much time in workshop,

Look at what's under the hood!
By sandiego11 on 09/20/11 17:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've read a lot of reviews before I purchased my vehicle. Noticed that there were lots of issues with the 2006 VW. drove a lot of different cars including a new fusion, and several Japanese cars. I've never driven a 2.0T but typically large cars with an undersized engine and a turbo to help compensate don't do well (repair wise) Have owned my 3.6 for a year now (it's a 5 year old 2006) and it's running spectacular! Nothing but regular maintenance needed. You have to remember that this is nearly a 3k pound car. a 2.0T will not work long term with sporty driving, but if you choose a 3.6 it's an excellent commuter and very fun on the weekends without much time in the shop.

Always something to repair, nothing BIG....yet!
By billych on 09/04/11 02:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has always had some minor problems, nothing major, but most annoying. However, now that I have 50k miles, more seems to be malfunctioning. A few weeks ago the engine light came on which turned out to be a malfunctioning turbo charger recirculating valve, total cost $303.59. Now the entire headliner is falling down. The dealer said the glue failed. They estimated the replacement to be $800! I'll look elsewhere, thank you. Bottom Line: This was my 'first' and 'last' Volkswagen. Needless to say, I would not recommend this car to anyone.

2.0t not bad, not great either
By mikeb5773 on 09/03/11 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the car now for about 4 months. It's an ok driving car, I find there is a bit of a turbo lag. I have had the battery go dead after driving home from work one day, and the in dash CD player doesn't work, the screen reads "CDC Hardware Error" This is unbeleivable as I had a aftermarket CD player in my older car and never gave me any problems. I just find there is no WOW factor with this car. I am nervous after reading all the bad reviews about the fuel pump and other electrical issues. The steering wheel lock module was a recalled item by VW, so mine was fixed. Overall I think someday soon I will trade it and get something more age approprite for a 26 year old. Maybe a Mustang.

Psst. Passat
By davidhm on 08/30/11 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why so many Accords and Camrys continue to be sold when, for a little extra, a Passat can be had. Clearly the best value in a vehicle that we have owned and one of the best vehicles we have owned, period. And, that goes back a ways, folks.

don"t buy a 2006 VW Passat
By zman328 on 07/14/11 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Please do your self a favor...RUN don"t walk away from owning a VW especially a 2006 Passat 2.ol. VW doesn't back up their product. There is clearly a design problem with a this year and this model"s engine which ultimately results in your need to replace the engine!! In the 40K plus area the cars begins to burn oil, there is a problem with the cam shaft and high pressure fuel pump. VW puts a bandaid extended warranty that is designed to do nothing. It is carefully worded to protect VW and not the unsuspecting buyer.

single mom with a car....... : (
By shelljj on 06/13/11 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

that cost more than the kids do. june 4, 2010 i fell in love, 3 months later i realized my mistake. the reason reason being my engine was burning to much oil so it had to be replaced and the a/c compressor went. today june 13 2011 my car is in the shop because i smell burning oil AGAIN. Also, when my speed is over 55 i hear a low buzzing sound. does anyone else hear that? i love the way it looks, even the way it drives when I'm not afraid its going to catch fire. smh! it a love hate relationship with this [violative content deleted] ride.

Looks Good. Huge Headache! DON'T BUY A 2006 PASSAT!!
By laurae22 on 06/07/11 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I hate this car! I am currently selling it "AS IS". I have spent over $5K in the last 2 years that I have owned it. I like the way it looks and that is it! This car has been nothing but problems!!! The Check engine lights is always on. As soon as it gets out of the shop, it goes right back in for something completely different. There are no "cheap" repairs on this car. Nobody but a VW repair shop can work on them, and then they charge an arm and leg! If you live in a small town, it impossible to find someone who even knows how to change the oil properly. Plus they cost $150.00! Will by buying a Toyota Camry this time. NEVER WILL I BUY A VW!!

Many problems, too many to be satisfied.
By robin36 on 04/25/11 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car straight from the dealer. This is a one owner car. Because of all the problems, I was tempted to sell. So if you are looking to buy, I have a feeling you may be in for an ugly surprise. It is very expensive to repair, and I have had a lot of problems with defects: 1) Exhaust pipe detaching from motor 2) Radio interference when lights are on (never fixed) 3) Small fan motor went out 4)Time on the clock jumps ahead an hour inexplicably some days 5) Defective trunk latch 6) AC Compressor went out. (All these WAY before they were due) Here is a list of regular maintenance expenses: 1) Use of Premium Unleaded 2) Oil filter is a cartridge 3) Timing belt change = $1,200