2006 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Psst. Passat
By davidhm on 08/30/11 16:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I don't understand why so many Accords and Camrys continue to be sold when, for a little extra, a Passat can be had. Clearly the best value in a vehicle that we have owned and one of the best vehicles we have owned, period. And, that goes back a ways, folks.

V6 4MOTION
By Furley on 02/05/10 07:30 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car! Currently, the car has 57,203 miles on it and I have had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS with this car. It handles like a sports car. It's VERY fast and has more than enough power. The black interior looks like new. The silver exterior is still shinny (even though I don't really clean or wax it). It doesn't get stuck when those wonderful nor'easters hit us here in PA. This car will cruise easily faster than any other car I have ever owned.

Major Ride
By 2006VR6 on 04/19/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Normally get rid of a car that I've purchased after 2 years. This one is a keeper. Fun factor over rides the fixes it has needed that were covered under warranty. Headlamps that bend were replaced, & auto 6 speed was flashed. Well optioned sedan that is almost the size of an A6. Only thing missing is cabin adjustable suspension. Kudos to VW. Rides super and will put a smile on my face when I ask her to respond. Picking up second Passat in two days - an 08 Lux Wagon 2.0T (chain driven) that is also optioned very nicely. Replacing our '03 Allroad. Really - No baloney/just lean venison and buffalo :-)

Lemon of the year reward
By Disgrunted on 04/03/09 20:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this car - talk about an exciting ride! Hit the gas and it flies. However, in the 2 1/2 years that we owned it, it spent 58 days in the shop - that averages out to 1 day for every 500 miles, some stuff minor, others major. Two visits were 3 weeks long because they would fix one thing and another would go bad. 4 rearends, a catalitic converter, multiple relays - parking brake, heated seats, radio etc., We actually traded this off while it was in the shop for another long visit. 500 - 200 miles between visits. Oh and the brake calipers were bad, this happened on its last visit - not really impressed.

Passat Issues Since Purchase
By Greg on 09/15/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 16,500 miles, I sold my Passat due to the on-going quality and reliability since buying the car 22 months ago. The car has spent overt six weeks in the dealership primarily for a new transmission, new exhaust system and new fuel system. I reached a point with the car that I was afraid to go over normal road bumps. VW did supply me with rental cars. Overall, I would not recommend buying VW. Just too many issues with the quality and reliability. Please do additional research if you are going to buy a VW. Ask mechanics and rental car agencies about their experience with VWs. If you buy one, you should get to know the service manager.

I love this car!!!
By JP's1stVW on 12/25/07 00:50 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For my first VW the passat was a no brainer! The speed and sleekness of this car makes me feel like I am sitting in First Class when driving!

Second Passat 4Motion
By JMV on 11/05/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Was sold on the 4Motion after taking a 2004 Passat 4Motion through 20 miles of twisting and turning snow covered roads in Northern Michigan. The '06 with the larger 3.6L V6 has a lot more punch than the '04's 2.8L engine. The six-speed transmission provides surprisingly good gas mileage, bumping up to 30 mpg at better-than-posted highway speeds.

Expensive Junk
By Jack Long on 06/18/07 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife bought a new Passat in late December 2006. The night we drove it home the right headlight failed and it took the dealership nearly two weeks to find and install another unit. The car ran fine until mid-May 2007 when it started to make a loud buzzing noise on start-up. We immediately took it into the dealer who advised that a bolt had sheared on the oil pump and it needed an entire new engine! As of June 14, 2007 the dealership has had the car for almost 4 weeks and is now installing the third engine because the replacement engine had the same problem. This car has been out of service for more than 5 weeks during the first 6 months of ownership. This is absolutely ridiculous quality.

Luxury Sport Model
By John on 06/10/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Sport package #2 with this vehicle. Great motor and 6 speed tranny with paddles. Super passing acceleration. Must say she puts a smile on my face. Great interior and seating position. Have had this vehicle for almost 6 months now and she is getting more fun to drive. AWD bites right off the line and also when rounding bends coming onto a highway or leaving one to get on another. A real sleeper, this Passat 3.6L. Older V-8 performance with a very modern V-6. Sport mode and tiptronic adds to the excitement when you want.

Read This Review
By Easy on 01/07/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been researching numerous AWD cars from the A8 to the Benz 4Matic. With the price of the Passat 3.6 4Motion I couldn't beat it. The interior is awesome, it even has 14 way power seats for driver and passenger! This car has too many options for me to list. When I drove this car it surprised me! The sound of the dual exhaust sounded more like the R32's sport tuned exhaust! I loved it! The AWD works excellent. I had a chance to surprise a 2004 S4 the other day for a short distance. I think he was heading to the Audi dealer to trade his car in after what I did to him! Don't be fooled! This is no ordinary Passat! You really need to go and test drive this car. I have the Luxury Pack.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.