2005 Volkswagen Passat 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - This Car Could Be With

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

GLS TDI Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

This Car Could Be With Us For 15 Years!
By Dolphin on

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I needed a new car, and it came down to the Passat TDI and a Camry SE. I am happy with my choice. The United Gray with gray leather interior looks great. We had some trouble with the original radio, but that was replaced. I am considering adding the rear fog light. This car will end up with my daughter when she goes to college, she is 10 now, and it is an incredibly solid car. It has room for 5 in comfort, and gets 33+ MPG’s cruising at 80-85 MPH, with enough torque to pass anything in your way! it is a little heavy on the wind noise at these speeds, but I can still hear the sound on my kids’ video games!

Favorite Features

The Monsoon stereo, steering wheel controls, dual trip computer readings, Tiptronic transmission, and that little flip-down sun blocker above and behind the rear-view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Give us the GLX version with all the goodies:auto climate control, power seats, auto dimming rear-view mirror, higher level quality carpets, and modify the PhatNoise so you do not have to cut your interior to allow the storage unit to stick into your trunck/wagon area where it can get smacked into!