2005 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Solid Car so Far.

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

Solid Car so Far.
By V-DUB on

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

So far this diesel has been an unbelievable purchase. I wanted to give it a month or so before I reported on anything. I bought the car used with 122 000 KMS on it. I had the timing belt replaced as well as the transmission oil changed and a new fuel filter so there would be know surprizes. I gotta tell anybody who is reading these reviews.....everything I have read about this Passat TDI is bang on correct. This is the smoothest car I have ever driven, very similar to the Audi A4, excellent on fuel, just PURE enjoyable. I am averaging 45 miles to the gallon or 6.4L/100KMS and better on long trips. I have now owned 5 diesels this is the best so far.

Fuel Mileage, interior lighting, Tiptronic Transmission and POWER OH the POWER. For a diesel this thing can Haul. 134 H/P 247 foot pounds of torque...WOW. This will give the 09's a run for their money.

Power Seats and controls for radio on the steering column is all that is missing on this car. Make the arm rest move about 4 more inches forward.