Seriously beware of VW
By esther on
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
My overall experience with VW has been terrible. I leased my 2003 Passat and it has broken down 3 times within the last year, all with mysterious, major warranty issues, the final one being called into question even though I have a platinum warranty. It was fun to drive but I am now at the point where I'm afraid to drive it. Oil pumps, fuel pumps, cam shaft adjustments, engine trouble? Should that happen all by 50000 miles? They also PROMISE an alternate car yet it was never there.They let me go three weeks without a car for warranty work that I still don't know what was really wrong with it all three times. Looks aren't everything!
Favorite Features
None that are any better than any other car. They advertised better service and warranty features but just don't try to use them. It is a serious problem with them.
Suggested Improvements
Stand behind your product, your warranties, and your customer service. All three times I had the same run around for a NEW car. Try to make them last more than 18 months or 20000 miles. Contact your customers and they may not be as angry.