2005 Passat
By drcar1 on
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
To be honest I haven't had any problems with my 2005 VW. It has worked great, it is fun to drive maybe too fun....I get a lot of speeding tickets in it and I've been pulled over several times going like 5-10 over so maybe it looks fast too!? As for everything else I get regular inspections on the car and it works great. Just have to take car of it. Take it to the dealership at least once a year to run diagnostics and you're good to go.
By nwfinder
on 03/04/14 15:49 PM (PST)

I know what you mean! I've never had a problem either. In fact I've never even filled it with gas as it gets unlimited miles to the gallon. The car even paid itself off!!! I don't ever take it to the dealership as the car has never broken down. I drive it into my garage and the next morning the car is clean - yeah, I know a self cleaning car. What will the German engineers think of next!!! I don't know what everyone else is 'plaining about. All I do is talk nice to the car (preferably German) and it seems to take care of itself! I think people just like to beyotch on these forums!!