I Love My Passat
By Tweetgurl on
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
I went from a Mitsubishi Lancer to a 2005 Volkswagen Passat. Every time I looked at a Passat on the road, I was envious. Finally, I bought a 2005 Passat that had been a dealer demo so it had less than 5,000 miles on it even though I bought it December 2005. I love my car! It takes some time getting used to, but I enjoy the experience. The ride is fairly smooth and I feel important driving this car. I checked out the 2006 Passat and was appalled at the price. I was able to buy my '05 Passat for thousands of dollars less than the current rate for a new '06 Passat. I don't like the new body style of the '06 Passat, though I do like the chrome in the front. Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase.
Favorite Features
I love the heated seats, sunroof, tape deck (I have tons of them still) and CD player combo, smooth leather steering wheel, automatic locks at 10 mph or more, cup holders, purple/red lighting, built in anti-theft system, volume and track controls on steering wheel, and more! The leatherette trim looks neat,
Suggested Improvements
The backseat's middle headrest is a HUGE blind spot for me. The headlight switch should be a part of the signal switch Also, the signal switch is bulky. Some turbo lag is noticeable. I have been getting poor gas mileage.