2005 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

GLS TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By WowMpg on

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I traded in a 2007 Toyota Camry CE for a 2005 Passat TDI. I was scared at first it of being a diesel. When I first saw it (I found it on the net and gave a deposit over phone and drove to VA from NJ to get it) I liked it. The car felt safe and heavy, its safety features are good, it drives great, it handles great, and has a nice interior like heated mirrors. I feel safe when I'm it. The best thing is I only used nine gallons of fuel and got 400 miles with it. My friend and I could not believe it. It gets from 44 mpg up to 50 with power and the ability to climber hills with no loss of power. I am happy that I got this car and will keep it for years to come. It can go 10,000 miles between oil changes. It is particular about the oil that it needs, but it's worth it.

The good gas mileage, safety, seats, power, diesel engine, ride, handling, etc...

It needs power seats, auto lights, cheaper oil, and more storage compartments. VW made a better Passat for '07 but it was not offered with a TDI. I would have kept my Camry if it was not for the diesel, but the Passat is a better made car then the Camry. I traded it in for an '07 and like the Passat hands down.