2005 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

GL TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By Aschely Cone on

2005 Volkswagen Passat GL TDI Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This car is not a luxury sedan and its not really supposed to be, but it drives very very well - smoothly with substance and weight to it, the interior is well-done, and daily I appreciate another thoughtful design feature. The seats are quite comfortable and the dash lights are lovely red and blue, another very satisfying aspect of the car. For instance, the trunk is unbelievably well designed and quite packable; I am continually amazed at everything I can fit in it. So far, I have had no trouble with anything. I also like the purr of the diesel, discernable at low speeds and idling, but not intrusive and oh the mileage! It exceeds my expectations.

The red and blue dash lights, trip computer, sturdy feeling of the car, trunk space / seats that fold down, diesel engine with great gas mileage, great heater, having to change the oil only every 5,000 miles, and the dark interior.

The manual seats are kind of hard to adjust and it needs better floor mats.