Used 2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

My husband got his first speeding ticket
By Paula Crosby

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, this vehicle is great! What a difference from my soccer mom minivan. It is very responsiive, very comfortable, and very fast. This is quite a change UP.

Favorite Features

All of them.

Suggested Improvements

More storage room for "stuff." I need room for kleenex, chapstick, a pad of paper, a few pens and my purse. I am learning to live without all that "stuff." Which is not a bad thing!

All I have to say is Excellent!
By Angelia Neidhart

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car a few months ago and I think its the best investment I have ever made! This car is so easy to handle, has great power, comfortable, especially on long trips, great gas miles, and very good looking! Also very roomy inside. I love all the features. VW did a great job on this one! I love my car!

Suggested Improvements

none!

I love this car
By Corder

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I had a VW Jetta before I bought my Passat, I loved both but the passat has a lot more room and lots of power. It is also a very stylish car.

Favorite Features

I love the seat heaters,sunroof, and I love the turbo with the tip tronic.

Suggested Improvements

More storage in console. Other than that it's a great car.

VW Passat
By Jessica Felker

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really enjoy my Passat, because it is reliable and fun to drive. The interior is very comfortable; it has heated seating that really helps in the winter. My favorite thing about the car is the AWD. It drives wonderfully in the winter weather with no problems at all. You can hardly tell that you are driving in snow and ice. The car is quite and drives smooth. You can hardly tell that you are driving it. This car has definitly made VW the top car for me. I will never buy anything else other than a VW.

Favorite Features

The AWD is my favorite feature because you cannot tell that you are driving on ice and snow. The car glides along with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would improve is put tinted glass on the windows of the vehicles with leather interior or vinyl. The interior of my car gets really hot when the sun is beating on it and it is hard to sit down because the seats are so hot.

Good Car Poor Realiability
By Dele

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I think VW ought to spend as much time on quality and reliability as they do on style! I bought the 2001 new passat, I pretty much know all the service guys in southeastern wisconsin by name by the second year, even though I do all the required service and do less that 12,000 miles a year! I have had problem from system failure to engine light on to tie rod problems in the first three years. This year alone I have spend over $2000 on the car! Even my friend's 2000 Ford Taurus is more reliable! I have called VW to complain, the lady politely told me I am out of warranty and there nothing they can do! I happen to have the 24 months full service warranty they had back in 2001

Favorite Features

The style and drive! People often think I paid more than the $25,000 I bought the car for!

Suggested Improvements

I love the style and drive of the VW but reliability need to be better. VW please build more reliable cars!!!!!