Used 2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

No Problems-Love it
By caz

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Passat; I had an 03 as well and both were purchased new. I've never had any issues with either of them. The 1st had 97K on it when I sold it, my current has 80K. I'm considering waiting for the new Passat CC to come out. I prefer German cars over Japanese.

Fit and finish; fun to drive; AWD is great in Wisconsin snow!

Audi A6 wagon lite
By lfbmdpc

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a lot of Audi's. every bit as good although less stylish. Fun to drive, but a gas hog (so far - 9-12 mpg around town), hopefully will improve with time and break-in. No problems so far except cannot get driver seat memory to work.

Clean, functional german interior. "Ka-thunk" when door closes, tight suspension and great handling for a wagon, great fit & finish and superior cabin materials.

Gas hog, by reputation has poor repair / reliability history. Poor sales experience.

My husband got his first speeding ticket
By Paula Crosby

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, this vehicle is great! What a difference from my soccer mom minivan. It is very responsiive, very comfortable, and very fast. This is quite a change UP.

All of them.

More storage room for "stuff." I need room for kleenex, chapstick, a pad of paper, a few pens and my purse. I am learning to live without all that "stuff." Which is not a bad thing!

All I have to say is Excellent!
By Angelia Neidhart

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car a few months ago and I think its the best investment I have ever made! This car is so easy to handle, has great power, comfortable, especially on long trips, great gas miles, and very good looking! Also very roomy inside. I love all the features. VW did a great job on this one! I love my car!

none!

Well Mannered but boring
By Winter1

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well mannered wonderfully smooth vehicle with a gorgeous interior, especially all lit for night driving. Underpowered in summer driving with the A/C on. Smoothest car that I owned, but needs more HP and handling. Winter all wheel drive performance was excellent once I ditched the stock tires.

The smooth ride

More HP! Bi-Xenon headlights for the price are a must.