2005 Volkswagen Passat 2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

GLX 4Motion Sedan (2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
No Problems-Love it
By caz on 09/15/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Passat; I had an 03 as well and both were purchased new. I've never had any issues with either of them. The 1st had 97K on it when I sold it, my current has 80K. I'm considering waiting for the new Passat CC to come out. I prefer German cars over Japanese.

Audi A6 wagon lite
By lfbmdpc on 08/18/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a lot of Audi's. every bit as good although less stylish. Fun to drive, but a gas hog (so far - 9-12 mpg around town), hopefully will improve with time and break-in. No problems so far except cannot get driver seat memory to work.

My husband got his first speeding ticket
By Paula Crosby on 08/17/05 20:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, this vehicle is great! What a difference from my soccer mom minivan. It is very responsiive, very comfortable, and very fast. This is quite a change UP.

All I have to say is Excellent!
By Angelia Neidhart on 08/16/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car a few months ago and I think its the best investment I have ever made! This car is so easy to handle, has great power, comfortable, especially on long trips, great gas miles, and very good looking! Also very roomy inside. I love all the features. VW did a great job on this one! I love my car!

Well Mannered but boring
By Winter1 on 03/30/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well mannered wonderfully smooth vehicle with a gorgeous interior, especially all lit for night driving. Underpowered in summer driving with the A/C on. Smoothest car that I owned, but needs more HP and handling. Winter all wheel drive performance was excellent once I ditched the stock tires.

Love it!
By Tanya on 03/22/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car, sturdy, dependable, yet fun on the highway due to its turbo engine. I feel very safe in it.

Great car for the dollar.
By Jason Elvidge on 02/09/05 23:28 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It handles like a champ. After purchase I noticed a vibration during shifting. I took it back to the dealership and they uploaded a new flash memory for the computer. It has worked flawlessly since. Not real big on style, but if you are looking for German engineering that feels like a more expensive european model, yet unpretentious enough to not upset your boss and co- workers with envy and jealousy. If that is what you are looking for, you couldn't find a better car for the parking lot or your wallet.