2005 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Awesome wagon
By Michael on 11/01/05 08:22 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This wagon is a blast to drive - it gets 4-cylinder gas mileage when you want it and has turbo power when you need it. It has lots of cargo space and comfortable seating for 5 passengers.

36 miles per gallon in the city
By Sam on 03/22/05 14:51 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've never driven a diesel powered automobile before, but after a few months of driving my Passat TDI I have to say "I love it." Most if not all of the reviews I read before I purchased the car have been very accurate. Although I'm paying a premium for diesel fuel ($2.20 per gal.) it's nice to know I'm averaging a little over 36 miles to the gallon (36.4 in the city). I can't think of anything bad to say about the car...the engine is a little bit louder in idle and not every gas station carries diesel fuel. Other than that...the car is wonderful!

Best Car that has ever been built
By .Larry Golin on 03/19/05 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car drives like a Mercedes. I holds the road like glue and it is very smooth. The four cylinder turbo acts like its a 6 with remarkable pick up on the highway and plenty of room for packing things. It has very comfortable heated seats with several adjustments for lumbar support. Both front windows roll up and down with a touch of a button once and all the windows go up or down using the outside key. The workmanship is solid.