2004 Volkswagen Passat 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - The Perfect Car!

2004 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

The Perfect Car!
By Don on

2004 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

After 1 Year of heavy driving I now believe I have the best car I have ever owned. Great fit and finish, great fuel economy, quiet and powerful. I researched this car using Edmunds and the reviews sold me. However, I wanted to wait a year and 30,000 miles to rate my experience with the car. Reviews that complain about it being underpowered and expensive to maintain must be mistaken. This car drives like the day I bought it: and I live in the hottest part of the South. 40 MPG around town w/AC on Max! 48 Hiway! 500+ miles on a tank of fuel. Finding diesel no problem in SouthEast. Won't trade this puppy for years to come!

Favorite Features

Classy interior, Sound system great! Roomy rear seats and plenty of space to tote stuff in the back. Especially like the handling. Stability control has kept me out of a couple of jams.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a compass and self-domming mirror. No storage for CD's: more cup holders in front. Climate control not offered w/TDI in 2004: wish I had it!