Used 2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Love My Passat Wagon!
By mardimike

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Everything about it is great, bought it new in January 2004. My husband pulled a u-turn in it two weeks later (didn't see the oncomining car) which required front right body work. Boy, did he feel stupid! It drives just great, love the "bun warmers", blue lights in dashboard, visability, and comfortable seats. I am a realtor so comfort and ease of ingress and egress are important. Highly recommend it. Our other car is a Saab which is expensive for repairs and has had numerous problems.

Own 2002.5 MY/2003 spec
By Love my 3yr old VW!

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

With 50k of miles my VW is holding up well. No problems except the ECU for the dash needed to be replaced. I love the high quality feel of the interior and driving dynamics. The 17" alloys don't detract from the feel of the ride and look great. The beige interior gets dirty very quick tho so its not recommended for families with young children. The 1.8T with the automatic has tons of turbo lag but I can live with it.

Tiptronic transmission. Love this feature, it gives drivers lots of feedback and shifts smoothly. I can red line the engine and the short gearing helping in city traffic but the engine gets exhausted easily at freeway speeds. 70 mph in 5th gear gets noisy.

Monsoon sound system not great. Rear washer not very effective. narrower door detents and three instead of two. larger glove box. More blunt front fascia, I tapped a post with my front bumper and misaligned the bumper and headlight.

Wagon: Fun to Drive??
By knelson

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon W8 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

After owning more cars than I like to admit, this is a pleasure,fun,family car.Sporty,FAST & classy to boot.Love the speed and beautiful interior.Feels more expensive than it is.Rear seats fold down easily for hauling.The 4 motion saved me the 2nd day I owned it.This car has spoiled me for anything else.Own a Jetta too& will always have a VW in my garage!!

Interior and fast W8 engine.

Lower price

Passat Wagon- fun, functional, awesome
By Lise

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Passat after trying out over 8 different models/makes. We selected it because it offered all the features we had to have in a car; safety, economy, comfort, fun, and looks great. The kids love it and are excited for their friends to see it- no wonder, it's a beautiful car. The Passat is smater than the humans that drive/ride in it- seats molding to your own body, remembering you when you return- even if someone else has taken your place before. Hopefully this car will last as long as the 17 year old Saab we traded in.

Awesome front end; solar panal will boost/recharge battery; the car is smarter than the humans inside- loaded with state of the art safety features; stops on a dime at any speed- no skidding.The computer system allows you to track mpg,mph,temp and more many features of your dr

Add a little space for storage for the drivers junk, make the back end look as amazing as the front end. Keep everything else the same!

best of the wagons
By ralph turley

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

compared with other wagons, passat is the best value. others in the same class were either too expensive or too small

interior design,5 speed transmission,handling

better gas mileage,dual comfort zones,automatic lights instead of rain sensing wipers

• SUV