2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Great car
By Povvy on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love driving this car. It is a complete joy, peppy, and reliable, easy to steer with no play in the wheel. Ir turns corners at almost 90 degrees and brakes beautifully.

Uber Wagon
By guyspat on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at a Saab 95 and Volv0 V70, but the GLX Wagon had the best combination of features (Onstar and Memory Seats that drive the price of the 95 to $40,000) and price. The only thing missing was a little exclusivity and Xenon headlights. Gas economy seems very poor, but I expect it to improve as we put more miles on the car.

Great Car
By Blownaway on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Passat, and the service that comes with it is fantastic

Passat Silver Wagon 4 motion
By monyw on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I ever bought! period! the 4 motion is like glue in the snow & rain. every option you can think of is included. the ride and power are unmatched for this class. This is a true sports Wagon in every way.

Brendan's review
By brendan on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Good Car it has very good traction contrel it is also good in the snow

too new to review...
By fungirl on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good... I have been very impressed with the way the car drives. It is always wanting to go faster! Love the interior and the design.

Practical Fun
By walker72 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Zippy tight and o' so practical. Everything feels right and in its proper place. Take the step up from the base GL model, it a few grand that makes this car feel and handle like cars priced 10K more. If you have kids, the leather will make you oh so happy... and its mighty comfy too.

great Ride
By bmulligan on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You can't go wrong with this baby. That turbo kicks in and hold on. You get a lot for your money with features that some expensive cars don't have.

Stylish, Practical, Loads of Fun
By miran on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first wagon I've owned after over 20 years of driving Japanese sedans. Many years ago, a station wagon purchase was unthinkable because of the image; now, the requirements of job and family make it necessary. But who'd have thought that this would be one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've ever driven? It's fast, extremely stylish, the interior has loads of helpful automation, and drives so beautifully that even my practical wife ditches her Toyota Sienna and sneaks out with the VW when I'm not driving it. And though I've never associated wagons with a stylish exterior look, I'm surprised at how many strangers have made favorable comments.

My new wagon
By Manhttnbch on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought a GLX, 4mo and so far it's great. ESP is now included standard in 2004. Too early to tell anything related to service but car has been out there a while.